***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Cmonwhatarewedoinghereman

Jul 26, 2023
I don't think he ends up at ISU.
If he ends up here and also another transfer big then I would also be surprised. We have a great core to maintain with some good young pieces.

I don’t thing we have the kind of NIL money to hit this grand slam where all of our key pieces come back and we add a bunch of good transfer players willing to take on smaller roles.

Reactions: Cy'sEvilTwin

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
I’m hearing Hadley is a lock for ISU (a silent commit right now - which I don’t understand why he won’t just announce it), and now that it’s public, Chatfield is the big I believe the coaches are locked in on. He’s big and relatively inexpensive

The 5 the coaches are honed in on are Jackson, Heise (both already publicly committed), Hadley, Kyle, and Chatfield. If we’re able to land all 5 of these guys, I would be so ecstatic and Cy’s dance floor at 1AM on a Saturday in the fall drunk on the kool aid

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
I’m hearing Hadley is a lock for ISU (a silent commit right now - which I don’t understand why he won’t just announce it), and now that it’s public, Chatfield is the big I believe the coaches are locked in on. He’s big and relatively inexpensive

The 5 the coaches are honed in on are Jackson, Heise (both already publicly committed), Hadley, Kyle, and Chatfield. If we’re able to land all 5 of these guys, I would be so ecstatic and Cy’s dance floor at 1AM on a Saturday in the fall drunk on the kool aid

Just curious, what's the ISU/Chatfield connection? Sounded like there was a past relationship or something?

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

That group of three is a level of Kool-Aid that I'm ready to live.

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street

I view Chatfield as Rob Jones 2.0. Except, if Chatfield joined the team when Rob did, instead of Rob, he’d be getting Rob Jones minutes. Our roster is so much better now than it was when Rob joined the squad though, so I don’t know if I see Chatfield getting significant playing time unless it’s a dire situation, but he is exactly the kind of guy we need 1. On the team and 2. To fill the 5th open scholarship

Reactions: nrg4isu

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
With his teammate going to KU, wonder if he is trying to convince Kyle to become a Jayhawk.
Probably just wanting to listen to both sides before making the big decision, smart thing to do. In the absence of other information, the fact that the staff is meeting with family is still a big positive. Anyone know when the home visit is happening? Thanks.