***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
This is a guy the transfer portal failed. Could have stayed at Drake and been a big time fish in a small pond. Now he is just bouncing around doing nothing
He won a national championship at Kansas and I would imagine got some decent $ too. Not everybody wants to be a big fish in a small pond

• Agree
Reactions: WhoISthis and Tlyon

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
This is a guy the transfer portal failed. Could have stayed at Drake and been a big time fish in a small pond. Now he is just bouncing around doing nothing
The only reason he ever blew up in the first place is Roman Penn got injured late in the year on their tournament team and Yesufu balled out as his backup.

Reactions: Drew0311

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I mean I don't think it's crazy to say that Hadley is probably the better player overall but Heise is probably the better shooter? Volume has to be considered and Hadley doesn't take many 3s. He's been efficient there and has a good stroke, but if either guy ends up in Ames and has a game where they hit 5+ 3s, my money is on Heise even though I think Hadley would almost assuredly play more.
Per game: 6 Reb, 2.4 asst, 1.2 steals

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
I like Hadley as well, but more as a bigger stronger Gilbert. He did shoot 40% from 3, but very low volume. He only made 20 3's. For reference, he's between Gilbert, who made 36, and Pav who made 14.
KJ Simpson took 182 3's for Colorado compared to 48 for Hadley. One thing people haven't mentioned is being cousins with CuJo should be better team chemistry, not a small factor for Otz's teams.

SoleCyclone

Mar 26, 2022
Anyone think Hadley/Heise is a one or the other? Seem to be stock piling the 2/3 guard position, especially with the 2 freshman coming in.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
Anyone think Hadley/Heise is a one or the other? Seem to be stock piling the 2/3 guard position, especially with the 2 freshman coming in.
Some have said take both. I suppose the coaching staff would, but would both want to? One says yes. The other looks elsewhere?

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
On 48 attempts... He has 55 total 3pointers attempted in his career.

Curtis Jones made 73 3’s last year alone, for reference
Hadley definitely was a low volume shooter. But of note, he got more confidence over the course of the season. He only took 5 threes in the first 11 games, then proceeded to average 1.7 three-point attempts at 46.5% from conference play onward.

But I agree that I wouldn't call Hadley the "better" shooter. Heise is more likely to look for his shot out there, and there's real value in that. That was something I had hoped Pav would do more, but he never did.

Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron