***Official 2024 Transfer Thread***

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Maybe go look at the list that post was in response to and you’ll see why they were mocked.
I did.

In this day and age, I would be shocked if he’s not closer to being correct than Cyclone fans want to believe right now.

PAClone

Oct 25, 2014
We lost Hamilton & Fish. I don't think anyone here will get this, but.....

MV5BZjNjMjFiYzYtZGFjNS00YTcyLWI0MzgtNDFjYTkyNDc5MGFhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_.jpg
Hamilton Fish -Republican Congressman from NY who worked closely with the Nazis in the leadup to WWII to undermine our democracy. Should have been imprisoned, but was never even tried for his many crimes.

SoleCyclone

Mar 26, 2022
He said half. We’ve had two people transfer out from his list and don’t have anyone yet to fill the starting four spot. Do you really think three more of these guys on the list transfer out?
Exactly, my list didn't even have Omaha or Pav on it. I had ? next to one's I thought might explore transferring. So yeah 2 is not half of 10

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Good god

Maybe he’s the rare 7’0” that’s ready for major minutes on a top-10 team as an 18 year old. Maybe not

But there’s no reason to try and make sure we don’t need that answer to be “yes”
That’s not what I’m taking issue with. My problem is the people who are taking (and presenting) “we don’t know” as “no”, rather than “we’ll see”.

The addition of Dishon Jackson at once creates team depth, flexibility, insurance, competition and someone tough for JT to have a challenge practicing against. Perfect.

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
Pav could be a great scorer at the G5 level
Yeah, I love his game and selfishly would have loved to see him stay, but it’s probably a good decision by him. He’s too good to not play, and there won’t be room for him to get a ton more minutes. He could be great at a mid-major program. I’ll be rooting for him (unless we’re playing him of course).

cydnote

Oct 24, 2023
All this speculation of us being a final four team next year makes me chuckle. Is it possible? Yes, anything is possible

No one is meaning we’re Final Four locks. You’re chuckling because you misconstrued- the classic CF preemptive meltdown over possible normal fan disappointment.

It’s more than “anything is possible”. It’s one of the best opportunities in program history.

A sweet sixteen is another successful season and anything less will seem a disappointment and anything more will be gravy. Just too much to overcome in a one-off tourney. Ask KU, UK, Houston, etc.”

UK, KU, and Houston fans are absolutely disappointed in a Sweet 16 season this year.
I'm "chuckling" because I see this in other posts and on other fan forums that "if this guy improves, and we get this player, and, and, and . . ."---isn't that the same mind set of every fan base? Not that we will or will not be a final four team. I won't argue that this MAY be our best opportunity, but it will also be for a multitude of teams and so many stars have to align. Didn't Alabama replace it's top seven? Would they have been as successful if they only had to replace one or two? No way to quantify things so we'll never know. My reference to the blue bloods wasn't to assess the fans disappointment of not reaching the sweet sixteen but rather that injuries impeded their advancement and we are not immune to that happening. My original post was not intended to pee in anyone's cheerios but to relish how far we've grown as a program and not view it as a failed season if we don't win the natty.

Reactions: CyValley and cayin

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Yeah, I love his game and selfishly would have loved to see him stay, but it’s probably a good decision by him. He’s too good to not play, and there won’t be room for him to get a ton more minutes. He could be great at a mid-major program. I’ll be rooting for him (unless we’re playing him of course).
Mid-major would be the obvious choice since Paveletzke had success at Wofford.

But Paveletzke might have a bigger impact at a P5 school which runs more motion/screens. He didn't seem like a good fit for a team that runs a lot of PnR or relies on ball handlers to create offense by dribble penetration.

Pharmacy99

Feb 7, 2013
Mid-major would be the obvious choice since Paveletzke had success at Wofford.

But Paveletzke might have a bigger impact at a P5 school which runs more motion/screens. He didn't seem like a good fit for a team that runs a lot of PnR or relies on ball handlers to create offense by dribble penetration.
Nebraska is a good fit for Paveletzke. He can replace Tominaga.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Ever since the NCAA unlocked the door and said “anything goes with NIL & instant eligibility/no sit a year”, I’ve wondered if this was a shrewd move by the NCAA poo-bags. Everyone knows that Kentucky, Louisville, Kansas, etc. were paying large sums to players or their family members among other inducements and the NCAA would then investigate for a couple of years and then penalize Okie St while Self carried on. Things changed when players (attorneys & unions) started to make convincing arguments that they would go after the NCAA (& Universities) for a cut of the pie. Is it possible that the NCAA decided to turn things loose and let the coaches, players, Conferences, Universities & fans realize what a disaster the result is and then bring out the hammer and tweak the things that need to happen. They could start with a sit out year, one transfer in five years and a financial cap limitation per individual or per team. The Pros have more rules than College basketball.

Reactions: Letterkenny

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I think Jackson was ranked in the 70s before the portal really flooded.
He was 52 on 247 when it was first announced we got him. Now that more guys have entered:

Jackson is #13 C, #91 overall
Heise is #17 SF, #112 overall

Can’t find many other guys we’ve discussed. Hadley is an identified transfer on 247 but is not ranked. Either they haven’t gotten to him or they’re struggling with rankings, as his stats at Colorado are better than some of the non-p5 guys listed.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron