Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I absolutely love CMC but I guess I’m nuts.

There are more. I didn’t even include the Akron video or at Oklahoma video.

All I ask is that we not be hypocritical as a fanbase.

So you are IowaLoud. We get it. You are a huge Hawkeye who hates everything about Iowa State. Welcome to the Cyclone message board.

p.s. Did it hurt much when you had Hawkeyes tattooed on your belly?

Last edited:

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
I thought it was because March Madness doesn't have any problems selling out neutral site arenas for the first few rounds, while WBB and NIT would likely be playing to empty neutral site arenas.
well I thought teams like the ia women would follow their team everywhere. Maybe have the sites neutral but close enough for the fans to get to. part of me thinks that for ISU and Maryland to travel to the opposite coast to play when a site somewhere else might have drawn more fans

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
So you IowaLoud. We get it. You are a huge Hawkeye who hates everything about Iowa State. Welcome to the Cyclone message board.

p.s. Did it hurt much when you had Hawkeyes tattooed on your belly?
Lol that didn’t take long. You can look through my entire posting history if you want validation of which school I cheer for.

Keep being an insecure simpleton that can’t a handle anyone offering a different opinion than your own. “He doesn’t agree with me, must be a Hawk”

• Dumb
Reactions: WartburgClone

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022

and you want your kids to act like cc, fran and bluder and the iowa football team and coaches. just so we know

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
and you want your kids to act like cc, fran and bluder and the iowa football team and coaches. just so we know
I don’t have kids but if I did I would hope I would have more influence on their behavior than a 2 hour basketball game would.

Reactions: BigCyFan

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
I don’t have kids but if I did I would hope I would have more influence on their behavior than a 2 hour basketball game would.
Parents are a kids #1 influence. But celebrities play a role as well. Think back to your childhood. When I was a kid, I wanted to be just like Kirby Puckett. I even tried to have his leg kick in my batting swing.

These athletes do have a profound impact on kids. You'll understand when you have kids

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
sorry thought I was replying to iowaloud. but if they watch enough games they can be influenced by the behavior

Jeffreyisu

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
I haven't voiced my opinion yet on CC, so here goes...

- If I'm being honest, as a ISU fan I have been envious of the national attention CC is getting for UI.
- I actually rooted for her and UI in the national championship game last year against LSU.
- Watching her this year has turned me off.
- So many flops, over exaggerations, arguing, acting like she is more knowledgeable than basically everyone on the court. Her father even had to tell her to shut up from the stands. It's becoming more unbearable and embarrassing to watch.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I can agree with a lot of that. WV shouldn’t have been an 8 seed. Seems they could have been a 5/6 seed based on their season. Iowa has definitely not looked like a 1 seed. Probably more like a 2/3.

As far as home court goes, I like it. They do it in all the professional sports and will be doing it in college football next year. Rewards the teams that had a better regular season. Also, I’m sure ISU fans won’t complain next year when they are most likely a top four seed and hosting games in Hilton.

You missed the entire point. Iowa State has hosted before and they will host again but the point still stands. Gift wrapping 1-4 seeds a path to the sweet 16 makes for a really boring tournament. Move all games to a neutral site and there's no doubt that the tournament will become less chalky. If they really want the women's game to grow there needs to be more parity.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010

Iowa fans should probably leave the actions (or inactions) of football coaches out of any discussion....

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Parents are a kids #1 influence. But celebrities play a role as well. Think back to your childhood. When I was a kid, I wanted to be just like Kirby Puckett. I even tried to have his leg kick in my batting swing.

These athletes do have a profound impact on kids. You'll understand when you have kids
So do you think all those arenas that normally draw less than 5,000 fans for WBB games but draw 17,000+ fans when CC comes to town are filled with parents who want their kids to see how not to conduct yourself on the court? Or are there just that many sh*tty parents around the country willingly exposing their kids to a horrible role model?

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I specifically asked you about coaches. Like our own football coach for example who has had numerous outbursts towards refs and fans.

I’ll get a labeled hawk troll but this thread makes it out like cc is the first athlete EVER to complain or act out on the field or court.

Hawk troll welcome back
Iowa fans should probably leave the actions (or inactions) of football coaches out of any discussion....
1711481272087.gif

“Doesn’t have the same opinion as me, must be a Hawk”

• Dumb
Reactions: WartburgClone

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I actually don't disagree with what's in the article. While some of her antics are a bit much for me, I can appreciate the larger point of girls learning they can be competitive and animated. But it's funny to me how Angel Reese isn't afforded anywhere near the same grace in terms of being "firey" and "competitive". You can't have it both ways.
So true. Can u imagine Iowa fans if Reese ran around ******** about every call and dropping f-bombs? Iowa settled a racial lawsuit from minority ex-athletes before trial. I haven't had one Iowa person say anything positive about the ex-athletes while 100% were against them. I know, different topic, but u get the point.

Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
So do you think all those arenas that normally draw less than 5,000 fans for WBB games but draw 17,000+ fans when CC comes to town are filled with parents who want their kids to see how not to conduct yourself on the court? Or are there just that many sh*tty parents around the country willingly exposing their kids to a horrible role model?
If a kid is idolizing a person, as many kids do, they often will try to imitate that person. It doesn't matter if that person is a singer, an athlete, social influencer, etc. Kids try to emulate people they admire.

Edit: if the parent sees their child acting in negative ways, they will then try to put a stop to it. Look no further than CC"s dad. "STOP"

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Well, you better not have kids then because a two-hour basketball game can have a dramatic effect on the kid's behavior, regardless of parental experience or expertise. Please stick to having opinions u know something about.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron