2024 NCAA Tournament Thread

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I have the LSU-MTSU game on but haven't been paying super close attention. Has it been bad calls putting MTSU in foul trouble? Or has it just been MTSU being overmatched by LSU's talent/athleticism?

Bad calls. Refs jumped in hard for LSU in the 3Q.

Baffling that the MTSU coach didn't take a TO earlier to stop the run though.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I have the LSU-MTSU game on but haven't been paying super close attention. Has it been bad calls putting MTSU in foul trouble? Or has it just been MTSU being overmatched by LSU's talent/athleticism?

The 3rd quarter has been some bs calls and also just bad officiating allowing things to get out of hand.

First half MTSU straight up outplayed them because LSU were being lazy crybabies, I mean actually crying.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Kansas State held to 15 total second half points. Lee manages only 10. Five KSU players had 3 or more fouls, including Sundell fouling out. Colorado forced 22 turnovers (including 9 by Sundell) and had 17 steals. Buffs win 63-50.

DGC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 16, 2018
refs were reminded of the script at half time, LSU vs SC natty

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
And the Huskers close with a whimper. Finally got to the 40-point mark with just under 2:00 to play.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Having the main camera at the top of the key instead of midcourt is certainly a choice. Way to go, Blacksburg.

Also, the officiating there has been ******* terrible. (No surprise.)

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If the three "stars" of WBB are Clark (chewing out her dad AND a ref), Angel (her "bye bye" wave), and Brinks ("f-you" to the ref after her foul out followed by approaching the same ref after regulation), that is a miserable set of role models to put out on this stage.

Stanford’s other star was incredible and handled herself as an adult.

cyclone13

Apr 7, 2009
If the three "stars" of WBB are Clark (chewing out her dad AND a ref), Angel (her "bye bye" wave), and Brinks ("f-you" to the ref after her foul out followed by approaching the same ref after regulation), that is a miserable set of role models to put out on this stage.
You are so right

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
You are so right
I have an almost 5 year old and she has started to get into watching the women play. Friends and co-workers ask me all of the time if CC is her favorite. I tell them hell no, I won’t even let her watch CC or Angel Reese play. They always look appalled and tell me how CC is such a role model. My response is “if that’s our role model for young girls we are in trouble” because if my daughter ever acted like that on the court or field of play I would be beyond disappointed.

My daughter’s favorites are Audi obviously, but she loves Paige Bueckers more than even our own Cyclones. And I am totally on board with that.

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
I have an almost 5 year old and she has started to get into watching the women play. Friends and co-workers ask me all of the time if CC is her favorite. I tell them hell no, I won’t even let her watch CC or Angel Reese play. They always look appalled and tell me how CC is such a role model. My response is “if that’s our role model for young girls we are in trouble” because if my daughter ever acted like that on the court or field of play I would be beyond disappointed.

My daughter’s favorites are Audi obviously, but she loves Paige Bueckers more than even our own Cyclones. And I am totally on board with that.
Without investigating their backgrounds too deeply you can tell which of these 5 players have faced real hardship in their lives (season ending knee injuries, death of a parent while in high school) vs those whose greatest challenge has been not getting the And-1 after everyone basket.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron