Jamie Pollard on KXNO today

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I don't blame him one bit, he knows who the bad actors, who are the reprobates. Why should he be required to put up with that schite? He shouldn't, imho.

The problem is he often blocks people for the smallest slight or even people who haven't interacted with him. I'm not one of those people who are blocked, but its pretty thin skinned.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
OSU, KU, TCU, KSU are some where I checked. OSU is practically on top of the visiting team

I don't have a clue, just wondering. Could JP be using his policy to nudge other schools to do the same, working to legislate Big 12 policy in that direction?

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
I think the moving of students has hurt the overall environment (just my opinion). Likewise, our students at Hilton seem a mile away from the court compared to other Top 10 venues. Think of how much better it could be with a few changes.

Really? I thought we had a nationwide reputation as a nasty place to play. Students, young people need to be coralled in certain ways, imho.

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Is it a crown jewel facility in itself or just cardinal-colored glasses?

The fans make it a great environment inside the arena, but things like the concourses, concessions, and premium areas are poor and the arena itself is very much in need of a facelift and improvements. There are parts of the arena externally that are honestly pretty dumpy looking. Does that mean it should be thrown away entirely? No. But after 50 years its due for a refresh to make it something to be proud of for the next 50

I don't know this, I ask: Is this part of JP's strategy to develop Cy Town? To do things such as needed building updates? If so, we need to hobble along for awhile until Cy Town is bringing in revenue. Or, am I wrong about this?

Texbudman

Nov 20, 2012
Arlington,Tx
So can someone in the know explain why more player’s numbers aren’t retired? What is the actual criteria? Who votes for the Hall of Fame? Wondering minds want to know

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Clearly won’t actually meet with them in person

What I imagine: I can't begin to perceive the amount of schiest he must be pummeled with while doing his job. Myself, I don't agree that he subject himself to that abuse.

What I know nothing about is if JP is overly sensitive and blocks those who mean well but maybe come across nasty? You guys got info?

CyValley

Feb 29, 2008
Ok so do you think him doing the I state permanent logo change is good.
Or moving the students back 8 feet in Hilton or moving the students away from the visiting team & band in football?
Hint every single team in the Big12 besides Texas Tech has the student section behind the visiting team. Only reason Tech doesn’t as of 2023, is due to renovations happening.

It's good sportsmanship not to shove the students in close behind the visiting team. Or, should sportsmanship be dead? Should we not set the example and push the conference to legislatively follow our lead?

Personally, I'm sick of disgusting behavior, and college mbb and football has too much of it.

• Disagree
Reactions: BigCyFan

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The popcorn is ******* terrible now.
Its popped in a central spot and then garbage bagged in.
I buy from the kettle corn company now.
JP is a popcorn elitist. Least surprising thing ever.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
JP is a popcorn elitist. Least surprising thing ever.
bdf7a148-727e-48f6-b698-e63ef31db9a0_text.gif