Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA

Interesting tweet from Seattle sports radio guy.

Big 12 could be in a position to tell Washington, Oregon, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State that they have 4 spots and they're going to the first 4 to call back with a yes.

If all 6 are available and agree to a long term arrangement then you take all 6. If Oregon and Washington baulk at the idea of long term leave them out because they're just waiting for a Big10 invite.

• Winner
Reactions: CycloneBax

exCyDing

Nov 29, 2017
It's gonna go full influencer before too long. Each school has a code they will give to their fans to enter for the streaming service the games are on. They payout to each school is proportional to the number of people that bought the streaming service.
No need. The platforms and advertisers already know. How? Well, ever bought fan merch with a credit card? Did you watch Team A play last week, or did you watch Team B? Alumni of either school? Ever live in the same state as either school? Loads more examples of ways they can tell.

• Agree
Reactions: CysRage

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Is there a point at which the ADs or university presidents admit this is all nuts and bad for their departments and schools and petition for a system we can all belong to that makes sense?

There is just no mechanism to make it happen.

As of now, conferences are dead. We are in the process of figuring out what's next.

SeaClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I agree this is likely.

if there are 48 in the Big10 +SEC I think we have a decent shot due to our rabid fan base and the streaming potential.

if there are 40, I think we are tier 2.
If every thing starts from scratch, I could see your argument on us being included in the 48. But if we’re starting with existing B10/SEC members being grandfathered in, we’ve got no chance.

Reactions: agentbear

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
Realistic Big 12.

View attachment 100289

NO thank you to Wazzu and Oregon St

Oregon and Washington to the Big 10. Cal and Standford go independent as academics matter so much more.
Standford would be a long flight. That’s all the way over in Hampshire England, but Stanford might be a bit closer.

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
I agree this is likely.

if there are 48 in the Big10 +SEC I think we have a decent shot due to our rabid fan base and the streaming potential.

if there are 40, I think we are tier 2.
I appreciate your optimism, but I don't think there is any way we are Tier 1. As far as brand goes, we are lucky if we are even considered in the top half of the new Big 12. I don't see us making the cut for 48. Top 60 maybe, but not top 48.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Is there a point at which the ADs or university presidents admit this is all nuts and bad for their departments and schools and petition for a system we can all belong to that makes sense?

There is just no mechanism to make it happen.

Sure, privately they all think that. Some, like Pollard, complain about it publicly.

Then they look at their pay stubs, and weigh their odds of future pay stubs with even more zeros in them, and decide they can live with it after all.

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
I'd think that the only thing holding the Big10 back from announcing them is that they want to wait until after the UC regents vote on UCLA. To have the PAC implode with those two might prevent them from approving UCLA from going.

Once UCLA is in the clear, they'll pull that last domino and watch the whole thing tumble.

If Oregon and Washington have a backroom deal, someone’s going to know about it. It is the worst kept secret as it is right now. If UC Regents are cool with the state of play, they have to have a good idea of where the pieces are going. No one is pulling the wool over anyones eyes here. More than likely the PAC isn’t the last domino for the B1G.

• Agree
Reactions: CYTUTT

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Sure, privately they all think that. Some, like Pollard, complain about it publicly.

Then they look at their pay stubs, and weigh their odds of future pay stubs with even more zeros in them, and decide they can live with it after all.
The crazy thing is, whatever this jumbled up car wreck of college football is headed toward, is probably not anywhere close to a model designed to produce the most income across the board.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I appreciate your optimism, but I don't think there is any way we are Tier 1. As far as brand goes, we are lucky if we are even considered in the top half of the new Big 12. I don't see us making the cut for 48. Top 60 maybe, but not top 48.
Yeah unless they kick out some of the lower teams in those 2 leagues which will never happen, we are a bubble team at 48, at best.

I like it better if those 2 just go to 32 teams each with 4 regional 8 team divisions. Like Ive said at that point we are just back to our perfect 8 regional 8 team conferences, just renamed as divisions of those 2 super conferences.

They will have the power and media deals like they want. Its just going to take a few more rounds and we will get there.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
No ****. I think I'll just get into Division 3 football. Simpson/Central used to be a fun game (in the 80's/90's). Are they still good?
Simpson isn’t very good now, but Central actually has the best winning percentage of any college football program in the state since 2016 (.825). Their coach was named national D3 football coach of the year. They went undefeated in the regular season last year and won two games in the D3 playoffs before losing in the quarterfinals.

(I went to Central in the 80s, I remember some of those Central/Simpson games you mean.)

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
If Oregon and Washington have a backroom deal, someone’s going to know about it. It is the worst kept secret as it is right now. If UC Regents are cool with the state of play, they have to have a good idea of where the pieces are going. No one is pulling the wool over anyones eyes here. More than likely the PAC isn’t the last domino for the B1G.

And how much does this rely on UCLA then? If the UC regents demand Berkeley to be included, does this blow up? Or does the Big10 just take Stanford then and leave the state schools behind?

Cause if it's USC, UCLA, Washington, and Oregon then Berkeley is going to get left in the cold with WSU and OSU.

Reactions: agentbear

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron