Housing market

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I guess I haven’t looked… but when Homemakers/NFM runs a 48 month interest free financing are you saying that Homemakers/NFM will markup their inventory? I don’t see that being the case. I could be wrong - but that would impact your cash buyer.
I'm saying it's accounted for in the price that they can offer one way or the other. I'm sure that they have some pretty good discount rates in comparison to others, but their margins have to account for enough space to offer those deals.

Reactions: I@ST1

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
It also really depends on if he needs the things he is financing or if he is just convincing himself to do projects and buy things with his logic. Like every person who buys 200 dollars worth of stuff they don't need at target because they save 5% with their card.

He has quite literally told me he's trying to burn through cash to buy things like power tools (for hobbies), and financing things like putting new windows in his house, and renovate his basement because "it's better than that money sitting in the bank account. And because the dollar is going to crash, I'll end up making money by buying with a stronger dollar today and paying off with a weaker dollar over the years."

There is a non-zero chance he has gold bullion buried in his back yard.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
He has quite literally told me he's trying to burn through cash to buy things like power tools (for hobbies), and financing things like putting new windows in his house, and renovate his basement because "it's better than that money sitting in the bank account. And because the dollar is going to crash, I'll end up making money by buying with a stronger dollar today and paying off with a weaker dollar over the years."

There is a non-zero chance he has gold bullion buried in his back yard.
Buying a tangible good that holds value isn’t a bad hedge to inflation, but I doubt everything he’s buying will work out.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
It also really depends on if he needs the things he is financing or if he is just convincing himself to do projects and buy things with his logic. Like every person who buys 200 dollars worth of stuff they don't need at target because they save 5% with their card.

So you’ve met my wife???

Reactions: JustAnotherTimeline

JustAnotherTimeline

Jul 29, 2021
That Target **** is real when it comes to diapers.

My problem is my wife will use the target card sporadically just get that sweet kickback and free shipping. Then she won't tell me she used the card.

Let's just say I use our courtesy late fee waiver every 12 months.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron