JTS Improvements - Want More

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Great point! I'd suggest Jack Trice Blvd (may be taken, too lazy to look up), Cyclone Alley or honor more recent: Campbell Court, McCarney Mall, Purdy Parkway, Hall Highway, Allen Avenue (chase or lazard), Kolar Drive (couldn't think of K type road), Lanning Lane, or bring back Clyde Williams. How'd they make this change without consulting a CF poll?
Given that Gable Lane is so short, out of the way and insignificant, I’m gonna go with Breece Boulevard.

Reactions: nrg4isu

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Also, the Lot B1-F project has started. Construction fencing up, and a large chunk of B1 has been torn out already.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018

I'd like to swing by and pick up a couple rolls of the old turf. Too bad Jamie isn't selling any of it. There's plenty of people who would take some of the award winning turfgrass. The new field will look better than Augusta National.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Wonder if they are improving the drainage system as well or just replacing the turf?

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
If you're interested in more than just concrete and blacktop...

With the expansion of parking lots B1 and F at the Iowa State Center, FPM will transplant trees from the area this week. They are being moved north and west of the current location, just outside the work zone. The lots north of Scheman Building and west of Fisher Theater are being expanded into an L-shaped lot that adds 380 parking stalls to the corner.

The biggest landscaping project over the summer will surround the pedestrian bridge over University Boulevard east of Jack Trice Stadium. The gateway project features an elevated walkway to the stadium's east concourse to create a safe pedestrian route between the stadium and parking.

"It is a significant planting project that has over 250 trees going in at that site," Steiner said. "There also are plans to put perennial shrub beds and flowering trees underneath the bridge on both sides."

The project is scheduled to be completed in time for the season-opening football game against Southeast Missouri on Sept. 3.