TCU interest in Campbell and Deion Article LOL

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
How bad is a three win team whose next 2 games are...@Wisconsin & Iowa at home?
Frost IMHO has maybe two/three more years to get to the Big Ten Championship Game....If he doesn't get there ....Trev Alberts from Cedar Falls and now the Nebraska AD....will Fire Frost....To save his own AD Job
He probably needs to win 7 next year to keep his job. He got a huge reprieve this year and the natives are getting restless...

Reactions: CyBobby

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Zero chance CMC leaves for VT. ISU has the best recruiting class in the conference next year and a pretty easy path to the playoff once Texas and OU leave. (not that texas was much of a threat)

• Optimistic
Reactions: 83cy

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
I don't know CMC's personal situation, but I wouldn't understand the move

He has the best recruiting class in the Big 12 at Iowa State (when OU and UT leave), and really good job security

Some of these other programs have toxic admins or unrealistic expectations (not necessarily TCU), but in the TCU situation, they literally just fired their best coach of all time when he was a few years removed from a national-championship caliber team

Last edited:

20eyes

May 15, 2020
Based on a website I looked at he was not part of the VT hot list.

I do enjoy this one however :)

I don't get it...OU is about to be super-rich AND expand their recruiting footprint to be able to recruit 100% 5* athletes every always. I mean, has Tom Luginbill even seen OU's future home slate??? Sexy is an understatement. This can only mean one thing, OU has a deal with Saban so they can jettison Riley.

SEC SEC SEC!!!

• Haha
Reactions: fsanford

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Hottest property out there has to be the Baylor coach...

Hot take rumor out of TCU continues to be Deion, but that too may be fading. Will be interesting to see where it leads...

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Hottest property out there has to be the Baylor coach...

Hot take rumor out of TCU continues to be Deion, but that too may be fading. Will be interesting to see where it leads...

Baylor coach have any shot at LSU? I would guess that would be a tough sell to a fanbase that thinks they could hire any football coach they want.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Baylor coach have any shot at LSU? I would guess that would be a tough sell to a fanbase that thinks they could hire any football coach they want.
I wouldnt be suprised to see baylors coach get the nod if fisher and riley stay where they are. Fickell never gets brought up for LSU but assume he will end up at USC

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

FeedBreece

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2020
VT rumors now? I’m worn out. We’ll do this for any P5 job opening won’t we.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Aranda is more likely to end up at USC. The Athletic says Campbell is picking up steam at LSU, but as a third option if Fisher and Riley don't take it. That would be much scarier to me although I'm not sure Campbell is after an SEC gig. That said, LSU is one of the top jobs in the country, and they will pay a lot to whomever they hire.

I'm not concerned about VT at all.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Aranda is more likely to end up at USC. The Athletic says Campbell is picking up steam at LSU, but as a third option if Fisher and Riley don't take it. That would be much scarier to me although I'm not sure Campbell is after an SEC gig. That said, LSU is one of the top jobs in the country, and they will pay a lot to whomever they hire.

I really don't think USC is going to hire a coach from baylor. If they did about 4 people would have had to say no to the job first

• Agree
Reactions: cyfanatic

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021

LSU seems like a cultural mismatch to me for CMC. Campbell seems to run a clean program. Maybe they want that after all of the Les Miles and Coach O nonsense the past decade.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
LSU seems like a cultural mismatch to me for CMC. Campbell seems to run a clean program. Maybe they want that after all of the Les Miles and Coach O nonsense the past decade.
Personally I think it takes a unique individual to coach the level of talent and NFL talent that a school like LSU is going to get. Especially in the NIL era. CMC doesnt seem to be the kind of guy that wants to babysit a bunch of difficult 5 stars but you guys would know better.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I really don't think USC is going to hire a coach from baylor. If they did about 4 people would have had to say no to the job first

Aranda isn't really a "Baylor man", if you will. He's from southern California. It's not like it would be hiring from the Briles tree. I'm going off of Feldman's reports on the Athletic. He's about as connected as anyone in the industry, and he's saying Aranda is near or at the top of their list. Certainly not 5th.

Help Support Us

Become a patron