Longhorns Rooting

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I admit, suddenly I’m kinda curious.

You see...

Firstly, there is a decent chance that ISU beats Texas Friday.

If so, there’s a decent chance that Tom Herman gets fired.

If Herman gets fired, there seems to be a decent chance that UT hires Urban Meyer as his replacement.

And, if Texas hires Urban:

A. ...there seems a very good chance that he flips the Brockermeyer brothers, a pair of very, very good OL recruits who oddly committed to ‘Bama, back to the school their dad starred at.

B. ...Texas is suddenly in much better standing with several other currently uncommitted studs from the state of Texas, such as offensive linemen Savion Byrd and Bryce Foster, plus running back Camar Wheaton.

C ...there’s a good chance that ‘22 five stars, QB Quinn Ewers and WR Caleb Button, both of whom recently committed to tOSU, would flip to/back to Texas.

So here’s my question. On Friday, are Longhorn fans going to be rooting agin’ us—or fer us?

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
The winner essentially locks in a big 12 championship birth. It’s Ehlingers final home game.. Yes... Texas fans will be rooting for Texas.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

You see...

If Herman gets fired, there seems to be a decent chance that UT hires Urban Meyer as his replacement.

A. ...there seems a very good chance that he flips the Brockermeyer brothers, a pair of very, very good OL recruits who oddly committed to ‘Bama, back to the school their dad starred at.

B. ...Texas is suddenly in much better standing with several other currently uncommitted studs from the state of Texas, such as offensive linemen Savion Byrd and Bryce Foster, plus running back Camar Wheaton.

C ...there’s a good chance that ‘22 five stars, QB Quinn Ewers and WR Caleb Button, both of whom recently committed to tOSU, would flip to/back to Texas.

So here’s my question. On Friday, are Longhorn fans going to be rooting agin’ us—or fer us?

Huh? Not what I expected from this thread! Will Texas fans cheer for us to win? Just can't conceive of it. Nice try though.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
If Urban Meyer wants the job, Herman will be gone. Not sure Meyer actually wants the job or just likes the attention of being considered for it.
Every school is bleeding money right now. I don’t see anyone with any kind of a sizable buyout getting fired this year.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

You see...

Texas can beat ISU and still fire Herman...

Reactions: Cycho1

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Even if Texas beats us and makes it to the CCG, they would only get destroyed by OU and still fire Herman.

Let's just win the whole thing and let the chips fall where they may.

I want to win and control our destiny.

BUT, i believe if we lost......and KU beat Texas we are in...so, that'd be a for sure fire Herman, lol.

• Winner
Reactions: motorcy90

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
I want to win and control our destiny.

BUT, i believe if we lost......and KU beat Texas we are in...so, that'd be a for sure fire Herman, lol.
I guess the point I'm trying to make is it doesn't matter if we win or lose to Texas. Herman is gone at the end of the year. They are not going to win the conference championship. That is what he has to do to save his job. Only question is who triggers the firing.

There are some pretty long shot combinations that have to hit if we don't beat Texas. Easier to just take care of business against UT.

SeventhSon

Apr 13, 2014
If Urban Meyer wants the job, Herman will be gone. Not sure Meyer actually wants the job or just likes the attention of being considered for it.
Serious question: is there any evidence at all (outside of Longhorn chatroom pipe dreams) that Urban is/could be/might be interested in Texas even a little bit?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Serious question: is there any evidence at all (outside of Longhorn chatroom pipe dreams) that Urban is/could be/might be interested in Texas even a little bit?
Why would you think he’d make that public?

Among other things, Herman used to work for him.

SeventhSon

Apr 13, 2014
The fact that I don't think he would make anything public is why I'm wondering why people keep talking about it.

I didn't think he and Herman got on that well. Are you saying he'd take the job out of spite?