***2020 High School Football Thread***

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006

Ha, well there you go. I wonder how many more Power 5 offers he has received since that game? At the time I think most thought he was heading to BYU but that might not be the case now.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
CR Wash moves to 3-0!. Six game win streak dating back to last year. They were supposed to host IC High on Thursday, but since IC schools cannot play, they travelled to Marshalltown last night to play. Ugly, ugly game in the mud. The field was completely trashed on one end and that seemed to be the end the entire game was played. Warriors won 6-0!

Reactions: NWICY

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Guessing IHSSA didn't expect Mahomes to be calling them out:

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Guessing IHSSA didn't expect Mahomes to be calling them out:

Are we just going to skip over the part where this kid could be playing if he had just stayed where he lived? I don’t care if Tom Brady wanted to play for Ankeny and they let him because it’s high school, but I mean you can’t just pretend like that’s not what happened here.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Are we just going to skip over the part where this kid could be playing if he had just stayed where he lived? I don’t care if Tom Brady wanted to play for Ankeny and they let him because it’s high school, but I mean you can’t just pretend like that’s not what happened here.

I can't fault a kid for wanting to play football when his season was postponed.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
It’s high school sports. I can fault a kid’s parents for coming up with a scheme to “move” their child 200 miles during a pandemic only to have it blow up in their face because MEDIOCRE MIDWEST HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS.

Exactly - everybody has the same set of rules, if playing a senior season is that important, follow them. I guess nobody cares about the kid who'd now be behind him on Ankeny's depth chart getting to play? Not only that, but this kid is already committed to play D-1 football, not like he's fighting for a scholarship offer here - boo hoo.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
It’s high school sports. I can fault a kid’s parents for coming up with a scheme to “move” their child 200 miles during a pandemic only to have it blow up in their face because MEDIOCRE MIDWEST HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS.

Go ahead and criticize them then. Seems slightly ****** you're taking joy that he's unable to play.

Reactions: Cytown12

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
Exactly - everybody has the same set of rules, if playing a senior season is that important, follow them. I guess nobody cares about the kid who'd now be behind him on Ankeny's depth chart getting to play? Not only that, but this kid is already committed to play D-1 football, not like he's fighting for a scholarship offer here - boo hoo.

His old high school in Olathe is playing tonight.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Go ahead and criticize them then. Seems slightly ****** you're taking joy that he's unable to play.

Im not taking joy that he’s unable to play. I’m feeling frustration that “Sports parents” made a dumb move and cost the kid his chance to play and that this is even a thing in HS Sports that allowed the dumb parents to make a dumb move.

• Creative
Reactions: IASTATE07

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron