Iowa Football Recruiting

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Yanda was a low-rated, lightly recruited JUCO player and he's now a surefire first ballot HoFer.

I just think it's a bad example. Claim all of the success for having him on campus less than 2 years? Same time Strohmeier had him and much less time than the Ravens. If you want to brag about development, look at Gallery or Dallas Clark or Bob Sanders.

McCarney wanted him much earlier.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I just think it's a bad example. Claim all of the success for having him on campus less than 2 years? Same time Strohmeier had him and much less time than the Ravens. If you want to brag about development, look at Gallery or Dallas Clark or Bob Sanders.

I claimed all of the success?

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
It isn’t like Strohmeier is clueless as a coach either. Had a good JUCO coach to boot.

Yanda never played for Strohmeier.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I don't know about HoF, but Bob Sanders would definitely qualify as an NFL stud who was an unheralded college recruit.
I don't know know who that is. That's not me being a smarta$$ from my earlier comment either. I just never followed Iowa football so my knowledge on their players is pretty thin

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron