Iowa Football Recruiting

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
He had to go. No idea if that impacted the Alt recruitment, but wish the kid the best at ND. We have a top-10 OL class in the country coming in, and that's without Myslinksi. If we land MM that'll add our future C to an already unreal group.

It definitely impacted it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247spo...cess-and-Notre-Dame-commitment-148888157/Amp/

"At the end of the day, the family had to tell Kirk Ferentz, who was the elder Alt's position coach at Iowa, and the Hawkeyes no.

"That was difficult," John admitted, "but as I kept telling Joe, it's not about me. It's not my journey, it's his, and things happen for a reason. He wanted to be trained by [Chris] Doyle and Doyle is gone."

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Myslinski has had an FSU offer for a while. Maryland is a huge threat to get Myslinski.

Bell goes to UW if I had to guess.
You're right, not sure why I originally missed that he had the FSU offer.I still think he ends up in his home state. Lots of momentum with the new coach.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don't know about HoF, but Bob Sanders would definitely qualify as an NFL stud who was an unheralded college recruit.
I had to look up and see if Bob was already in the HOF.. Dude was an absolute monster.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Sad state of affairs in iowa city. The Cyclones never lose a legacy recruit to Notre Dame. I'm guessing the racist culture over there is a large part of it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Definitely a product of your S&C coach Doyle. He was one of the best in the business for sure, as we have been told multiple times here for conformation. Thank god he was white though, otherwise Doyle may not have gave him the training and time that he did

It isn’t like Strohmeier is clueless as a coach either. Had a good JUCO coach to boot.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron