Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Garza isn't going in this draft so it's pointless talking about it.

2 months ago I’d have totally agreed with you...Today I’m 50/50. There’s a darn good reason he’s still in the draft as of right now. He’s had months to get NBA feedback and if it has been “you need to return” the he would have by now I’d think.

Garza game isn’t gonna change much...Neither is his athleticism, height, weight and defense. He will be 22 this December?

He prob will return but something is telling me some nba teams or agents are in his ear to go now as his stock will never be higher.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
2 months ago I’d have totally agreed with you...Today I’m 50/50. There’s a darn good reason he’s still in the draft as of right now. He’s had months to get NBA feedback and if it has been “you need to return” the he would have by now I’d think.

Garza game isn’t gonna change much...Neither is his athleticism, height, weight and defense. He will be 22 this December?

He prob will return but something is telling me some nba teams or agents are in his ear to go now as his stock will never be higher.

At this point I think Covid is driving his decision. No need to commit to coming back to Iowa until the deadline.

Professional sport teams have a lot more flexibility in adjusting their season. MLB delayed, the NBA is gathering in Orlando.

I think professional athletes can play because it is their job and are compensated extremely well if playing is deemed risky.

With college athletes the schools and decisionmakers have to consider these are kids with their lives ahead of them.

Last edited:

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
The guy will go pro. JoJo will come back and blow out a knee and wind up coaching at some eastern iowa high school, mesmerizing his players with tales of how he carried his team to a super bowl (NBA Finals?) championship and left his shoes behind on the court.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Personally, I think Garza stays in the draft, doesn't get drafted, and goes overseas and makes a good salary. If it weren't for the pandemic and the uncertainty of the upcoming basketball season, I'd 100% have him returning.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Personally, I think Garza stays in the draft, doesn't get drafted, and goes overseas and makes a good salary. If it weren't for the pandemic and the uncertainty of the upcoming basketball season, I'd 100% have him returning.
You dont think Garza is as good as simultaneous NBA and European paycheck star Aaron White?!!

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

It is such a crap shoot but your reasoning/logic are not bad. I think it is funny that @TrianglePlace mocks your post but graces us with rehashed b10 analysis.

I appreciate you trying to add to the dialogue.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Good link.
If Iowa has a bad year I could maybe see them slip to the 2nd or 3rd in the league but I still think they're an Elite 8 team.

This year's Iowa team has the highest expectations for any team in the state in probably the last 30 years or so.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
It is such a crap shoot but your reasoning/logic are not bad. I think it is funny that @TrianglePlace mocks your post but graces us with rehashed b10 analysis.

I appreciate you trying to add to the dialogue.

Rehased analysis? Rothstein just published that piece on the B1G 2 days ago.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
This year's Iowa team has the highest expectations for any team in the state in probably the last 30 years or so.
Hang that in the rafters now. Sometimes you are such a boner it is hard to comprehend you making it through a day without a care provider.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yep. I would make sure there is lots of banner space available at Carver to drop multiple next April.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Hang that in the rafters now. Sometimes you are such a boner it is hard to comprehend you making it through a day without a care provider.

I know it's hard for ISU fans to be looking so far up at Iowa in basketball.