Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Just under the surface of every old dude is a little boy. Found this agate in my river rock mulch today and was flashbacked to 12-year-old me looking for agates in the washed rock pile at the local sand pit.

View attachment 73188

I don't think your ever to old to be excited about finding a cool looking rock. Might not necessarily need to take it home with you, but cool looking rocks are still exciting.

Reactions: ImJustKCClone

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I don't think your ever to old to be excited about finding a cool looking rock. Might not necessarily need to take it home with you, but cool looking rocks are still exciting.
I agree with this. I might just add that my stepdad years ago found a little palm sized rock that was shaped like a heart. He gave it to my Mom and I think that meant more to her than anything he could ever buy. It sat on the windowsill over the kitchen sink for years.

Reactions: NWICY and BoxsterCy

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
So our living room window is like six feet wide and is set out from the rest of the wall creating a nearly 2 foot wide ledge that gets beat up from the dog and kids. We were thinking just making a cushion to go on it as a window seat thing. While looking for some plans to try and make it easy though I found a bunch of plans for a full window seat structure thing.

Now I am debating cutting it all out and building a window seat insert with storage under it. Obstacles will be the a/c and furnace vent in it but that should be easy to work around and the possibility of electrical running through it. Trying to figure out the best way to determine that.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I agree with this. I might just add that my stepdad years ago found a little palm sized rock that was shaped like a heart. He gave it to my Mom and I think that meant more to her than anything he could ever buy. It sat on the windowsill over the kitchen sink for years.

That is pretty sweet.

In my house, my wife would give me a perturbed look, ask why I was dragging rocks in the house and throw it outside or in the garbage. I've learned, "it's the thought that counts", does not pertain the wife or her family. Our families are night and day different.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
That is pretty sweet.

In my house, my wife would give me a perturbed look, ask why I was dragging rocks in the house and throw it outside or in the garbage. I've learned, "it's the thought that counts", does not pertain the wife or her family. Our families are night and day different.
Mrs. Velo would also roll her eyes and ask me what the hell that was. Then years later when I had forgotten all about it I would find what appears to be just some stupid random rock squirreled away somewhere and when I was ready to throw it away she would be mad at me because I didn't remember.

Women are strange. I guess it is part of their mystery and allure. Right, KC?

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
People are just so clueless. These are wild animals that are pretty peaceful if you just leave them alone. When I was in Custer State Park and the bison were on the road and all those cars were lined up I just pulled the bike into a parking lot and just waited until they were off the road.
I was there with some buddies. There was a small car with some foreign tourists ahead of us, when a bison entered the roadway. He was bigger than their car. First they beeped the horn with no results. Then they piled out of the car with their 3-4 year old son, and tried to get him to go stand by the bison for a photograph. The son, being the only sensible one of the family, squalled and clung to his dad's leg, and refused to go. Eventually the bison moved off the road and everyone drove on.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Just finished my yearly HIPAA "training" so if any of you want to disclose some personal medical information I know not to tell.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Neighbor has a mudjacking guy working on his driveway. Not sure why as there aren't any sunken sections. The guy is running a concrete saw with no mask, no goggles and most likely no ear plugs. Wearing a Texas Longhorns shirt

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Just finished my yearly HIPAA "training" so if any of you want to disclose some personal medical information I know not to tell.
Unless, of course, there is an exception allowing release of protected health information, pursuant to the privacy rule found at 45 CFR Part 160 and Subparts A and E of Part 164, including applicable regulations thereunder and other administrative authority as issued by the Federal Department of Health and Human Services. In that case, my client will tell all!!

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Unless, of course, there is an exception allowing release of protected health information, pursuant to the privacy rule found at 45 CFR Part 160 and Subparts A and E of Part 164, including applicable regulations thereunder and other administrative authority as issued by the Federal Department of Health and Human Services. In that case, my client will tell all!!
Duh, everyone knows that

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Neighbor has a mudjacking guy working on his driveway. Not sure why as there aren't any sunken sections. The guy is running a concrete saw with no mask, no goggles and most likely no ear plugs. Wearing a Texas Longhorns shirt

Something, something, something, don't mess with Texas.

Silica is not something to mess around with. The fact that OSHA put out an entire new chapter essentially on it is proof of that. Pain in the butt to get people to comply with it (especially my old school superintendents).

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
So our living room window is like six feet wide and is set out from the rest of the wall creating a nearly 2 foot wide ledge that gets beat up from the dog and kids. We were thinking just making a cushion to go on it as a window seat thing. While looking for some plans to try and make it easy though I found a bunch of plans for a full window seat structure thing.

Now I am debating cutting it all out and building a window seat insert with storage under it. Obstacles will be the a/c and furnace vent in it but that should be easy to work around and the possibility of electrical running through it. Trying to figure out the best way to determine that.

Are there any outlets on the wall beneath it? If not, you're more than likely safe.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Are there any outlets on the wall beneath it? If not, you're more than likely safe.

There are outlets to the left and right of it but not on this section. Regardless I wouldn't think it would cost much to get an electrician to come out and re route that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron