YouTube TV

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
YTTV not having A&E is why we went from Hulu Live to Sling when Hulu's price increased a while back but now I just realized we only watched Live PD which has been cancelled so we don't even really have a need for Sling with no sports on. I also just got an offer to start basic Hulu for $3 for 6 months so I jumped on that.

Baywatch is on Hulu

Remastered in HD glory. We're watching the Yasmine Bleeth era only.....or at least that's the plan. We'll see how COVID goes

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
So do we get YTTV tiers now? I hope so, I really just want ESPN/Fox Sports.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
If you can do without the local networks, Vidgo and Philo wouldn’t be a bad combination.

cyfan50438

Oct 31, 2007
Garner, IA
We switched from YTTV to Hulu live when they announced that they were dropping the Fox Sports, North and Midwest which have the Twins, Royals, Cardinals which is a deal breaker for me, They have Marquee which has Cubs, plus they have extra channels for college football during the season.

Philo is a great addition cause we watch alot of shows on Nickelodeon at night. Pluto is our free add on which is pretty good too.

boone7247

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 15, 2011
Near the City
I guess I am going back to YTTV. I enjoy NFL RedZone to much to live without it. I can handle getting Cubs highlights, and the playoffs will be on TV, provided the Cubs make it.

Quick notes on +/- of the two for my money.

YTTV
- Better user interface
- Better DVR system and storage
- Recordings know when programs end, or quickly adjusted to the end, I don't remember once not seeing the end of a recording on YTTV.
- slightly more pricey
- No Marquee network

HULU Live
- not a fan of the UI, but it isn't horrible
- The swipe up guide that lists your previous channels, and gives you access to a full guide/favorite channels guide is really nice
- Recordings constantly are cut off for live sporting events. They try to get you to the end, but I have only had it for a month or a little more and it has cut off more than one NASCAR and Indy race, it has done the same with baseball. YTTV tech is much better
- That said the two touches to skip commercials is the best tech I have ever had when it comes to watching recorded entertainment. It is super accurate and instead of having to hit the skip forward button 12 times like on YTTV, two taps and you are back to watching programming.
- No NFL Network (not a big deal really) No NFL Redzone (a huge deal for me)

Ultimately I would stay with HULU except for not having NFL Redzone, Not sure there is that much in it between it and YTTV. Football beats baseball in my world.

Overall, I think I miss PS Vue, but that might just be nostalgia talking.

CyJam

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Denver, CO
I guess I am going back to YTTV. I enjoy NFL RedZone to much to live without it. I can handle getting Cubs highlights, and the playoffs will be on TV, provided the Cubs make it.

Quick notes on +/- of the two for my money.

YTTV
- Better user interface
- Better DVR system and storage
- Recordings know when programs end, or quickly adjusted to the end, I don't remember once not seeing the end of a recording on YTTV.
- slightly more pricey
- No Marquee network

HULU Live
- not a fan of the UI, but it isn't horrible
- The swipe up guide that lists your previous channels, and gives you access to a full guide/favorite channels guide is really nice
- Recordings constantly are cut off for live sporting events. They try to get you to the end, but I have only had it for a month or a little more and it has cut off more than one NASCAR and Indy race, it has done the same with baseball. YTTV tech is much better
- That said the two touches to skip commercials is the best tech I have ever had when it comes to watching recorded entertainment. It is super accurate and instead of having to hit the skip forward button 12 times like on YTTV, two taps and you are back to watching programming.
- No NFL Network (not a big deal really) No NFL Redzone (a huge deal for me)

Ultimately I would stay with HULU except for not having NFL Redzone, Not sure there is that much in it between it and YTTV. Football beats baseball in my world.

Overall, I think I miss PS Vue, but that might just be nostalgia talking.

I miss PS Vue too. Had it for a few years, then moved to YTTV about a year ago. Dumped YTTV back in April. Looking for a service in time for college football and am hoping it's not YTTV, planning to give Hulu Live a shot.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron