KState players speaking out and might boycott?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I said it was in poor taste. People in this state just last year were boycotting Busch light because they pulled funding on Carson king for making a racist joke on Twitter.

Demanding your University expell people for making a ****** joke is not going to end well because kids say and do ****** things all the time. I hope none of these players have ever been on xbox live. I dont think racism should have a place in this country, but football players drawing a line and boycotting football because there is an individual racist at their school is a line i dont understand. How many penn state football players boycotted when it came out their coach was raping kids? how many iowa football players came out and publicly said they would boycott until BF is fired?

I would venture if you went through all the k state players own twitter accounts you will find something more offensive than that tweet. Football players are arrested for rape and sexual assault and i dont hear a thing about their team mates publicly calling to boycott playing, and these are their own teammates, not some random ******* who goes to the same 20,000+ person school.
giphy.gif

Reactions: WooBadger18

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
16 I think. Im just saying, if you are going to boycott and be outraged because someone was ****** on Twitter, then you might be in for a long ride, and there are probably better things to use your platform for than twitter police. All that does is feed the trolls, which like the number one rule is "dont feed the trolls". But hey congrats to the players I guess. They gave this guy a massive megaphone, and his tweet is just ambiguous enough that he can claim free speech vs hate speech. Meanwhile he has gained 5k follower's since his "joke".
Yeah I understand what you're getting at. And I do think expelling him from school would probably get him even more coverage. I don't know the right answer, but I'm fine with him getting called out for what he said. It was wrong.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Seriously, look at these f***ing guys!
CaseyFuentesMcNeil-large.jpg

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
The tweet is disgusting and I hope the school does whatever is in their power to do but this is Manhattan, I won't hold my breath. Every game I've been to down there, the Westboro creeps have been protesting or whatever they call the sick **** they do. If those people are allowed on campus to spread their message of hate against the LGBTQ community, I don't hold out much hope for them taking the right action here.

really stupid

L

LincolnWay187

Didn't Carson King make a racist joke when he was like 14 though?
Wasnt it from the Chapelle show? I don't know who to trust these days, including the website someone posted above about this guy. I will say my black buddy, puerto rican buddy, and me at ISU made racial jokes about each other all the time in college and it was hilarious and endearing. Those guys had my back. Cancel culture sucks. If there was malice just ignore this turd.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Wasnt it from the Chapelle show? I don't know who to trust these days, including the website someone posted above about this guy. I will say my black buddy, puerto rican buddy, and me at ISU made racial jokes about each other all the time in college and it was hilarious and endearing. Those guys had my back. Cancel culture sucks. If there was malice just ignore this turd.
Some things that are cancelled are definitely over the top, however in my opinion given what's been happening in our country and how we all should be against this type of language, this should be called out.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
This isn't about a racist joke. This is about a guy being part of a white supremacist movement and organizing his life around it. There is a colossal amount of difference between those two things.

After reading all of what this kid has been involved in I can see that he would definitely be canned from a reasonable company, and should be pretty easy to expel. I still would be careful in how it's handled, as to not empower these types of people. Realistically I see these guys in this article as dangerous, but not in the way as some type of person capable of leading any sort of serious movement or legitimate action, but more like the Sandy Hook shooter. These are not mentally healthy people.

If I were the President of K-State I'd probably put out a statement something along these lines:

"I've been made aware by some of our students that a KSU student has been posting inflammatory statements regarding murder victim George Floyd on social media. An exhaustive discussion among thousands of KSU students did not reveal anyone who had heard of this student, despite this student's claim that he was an influential leader. A search of other social media activity by this student shows a history of other inflammatory, albeit extremely obscure and hard-to-find material. The nature of his social media content and delusions of grandeur make it clear that Kansas State must take action. It is clear that this student has significant mental health challenges, and it is up to us to step in and protect the most vulnerable among us like this student before he causes harm to himself."

Then I'd probably go pick up my Chris Doyle "go away money."

Reactions: harimad

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
The tweet is disgusting and I hope the school does whatever is in their power to do but this is Manhattan, I won't hold my breath. Every game I've been to down there, the Westboro creeps have been protesting or whatever they call the sick **** they do. If those people are allowed on campus to spread their message of hate against the LGBTQ community, I don't hold out much hope for them taking the right action here.

It’s a big world. You can’t have one experience someplace and extrapolate a lifetime of conclusions based on that experience.

Do you think KSU or Manhattan want Westboro there? Westboro are masters of suing when their First Amendment Rights are infringed upon.

There’s not a city in America more similar to Ames than Manhattan, KS. If you can find one, please let me know.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I think that the school and the athletic departments are pretty much two separate entities now. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see the school itself ignore those requests considering that the kid is actually paying in a tuition while the athletes are receiving scholarships.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Everyone saying nothing can be done.

I'm pretty sure ISU has a student code of conduct. Isn't it just a matter of whether over the top racism is included in the university's code of conduct? If it's not, it could be changed.

Was it racism probably, but was it actually taking a jab at George Floyds drug use yep. Best thing to have done would have been to ignore him IMO. But now he has his 5 minutes of social media "fame".

Edit read further into the thread about him being in far right groups if there is a pattern maybe you can justify booting him out, I would think the student body could sort it out.

Last edited:

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
It’s a big world. You can’t have one experience someplace and extrapolate a lifetime of conclusions based on that experience.

Do you think KSU or Manhattan want Westboro there? Westboro are masters of suing when their First Amendment Rights are infringed upon.

There’s not a city in America more similar to Ames than Manhattan, KS. If you can find one, please let me know.

Stillwater, OK.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Probably. I just dont see this one as a winnable one for the players, and think there are bigger things than tweets to boycott.

It's amazing how you can continue to just ignore all the other context here. Breathtaking really.

Reactions: thatguy

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think that the school and the athletic departments are pretty much two separate entities now. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see the school itself ignore those requests considering that the kid is actually paying in a tuition while the athletes are receiving scholarships.

Schools get paid for scholarships by the athletic department.

Help Support Us

Become a patron