KState players speaking out and might boycott?

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
A K-Stater. That makes sense. It's gross what some find to be humor.

My father's rule on humor: "If you're the only one who thinks it's funny then it wasn't funny; you're just an a$$hole who finds being an a$$hole funny"

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

mod please move if you think it is more of a political thread, and not just Big 12 related.

Distasteful and there's no doubt the kid is a racist tool, but good luck kicking a kid out of a public institution for that Tweet alone.

I'd just bet this kid is loving the extra attention and would love to be given the boot so he could play the victim and sue the school.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Who is Jaiden McNeil? Is he connected to KSU's football program?

From what I can tell just a student and the head of some right-wing student group.

I don't think there's much of any chance they expel him, and if they do I imagine they've got a legal battle on their hands.

I can understand why football players, and others, don't want him representing K State but I don't think there's a ton the University can do based on that Tweet alone.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I've had friends tell me how their life in rural Iowa is great because they can stay away from drugs.

While they're drinking and driving since it's engrained, and live down the road from heavy alcoholics and could get all sorts of drugs within a 5 mile radius.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Distasteful and there's no doubt the kid is a racist tool, but good luck kicking a kid out of a public institution for that Tweet alone.

I'd just bet this kid is loving the extra attention and would love to be given the boot so he could play the victim and sue the school.

Yeah he's definitely a racist *******, but K-State can't avoid people associated with it saying dumb things 24/7. Doesn't make it right, but technically that ******* is allowed to be racist if he wants or at least until Twitter bans him and he finds some other way to be a horrible human being.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Probably true but what I can't imagine is how a guy like that hasn't gotten the **** beaten out of him by someone. Yeah, I know the guy is 100% packing and and just dying to shoot someone but still, it is a state with a violent vigilante history.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Kid is a d-bag, but I'm not sure what they expect. If he is connected to the football program yeah that is one thing, but not sure how you can kick someone out of a public school for that even if they deserve it.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Yeah he's definitely a racist *******, but K-State can't avoid people associated with it saying dumb things 24/7. Doesn't make it right, but technically that ******* is allowed to be racist if he wants or at least until Twitter bans him and he finds some other way to be a horrible human being.

My bold prediction - the student union, woke student govt, diversity campus organizations will have this kid run off campus quickly and loudly.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Probably true but what I can't imagine is how a guy like that hasn't gotten the **** beaten out of him by someone. Yeah, I know the guy is 100% packing and and just dying to shoot someone but still, it is a state with a violent vigilante history.

Why do you know he's packing?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Kid is a d-bag, but I'm not sure what they expect. If he is connected to the football program yeah that is one thing, but not sure how you can kick someone out of a public school for that even if they deserve it.

He doesn’t have to be kicked out to get cancelled.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
My father's rule on humor: "If you're the only one who thinks it's funny then it wasn't funny; you're just an a$$hole who finds being an a$$hole funny"

Oh, that's rich. I remember an a$$hole who posted -- "Just getting myself a chuckle on an otherwise somber day. Try it, it's fun.". Nobody thought it was funny.
Seems like your father knew what he was talking about.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

Is it?
We'd have to check their student code of conduct. There may or may not very well be reasons in black and white to expel him for white supremacist and nasty speech.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
My bold prediction - the student union, woke student govt, diversity campus organizations will have this kid run off campus quickly and loudly.

You don't have to be woke to recognize when someone is a colossal ******* and your campus would be better off without them.

Reactions: heitclone

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Is it?
We'd have to check their student code of conduct. There may or may not very well be reasons in black and white to expel him for white supremacist and nasty speech.

That's the problem with the Tweet though. I'm not in any way condoning it. But I'm not sure there's anything overtly racist about the Tweet itself, even if we know given his affiliations and past actions there are likely racist motives to it.

As awful as it is, I can't imagine a joke about a dead person is going to fall under any conduct barred by the Student Code.