Iowa State Uniform Discussions

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I was talking about this today with a neighbor. Was it the shaggy FG game that we wore them? The old old ones?
Those were the retro 1970 yellow helmet unis. The Trice ones were worn a few years later when we lost to Iowa in Ames.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Those were the retro 1970 yellow helmet unis. The Trice ones were worn a few years later when we lost to Iowa in Ames.
Good call. I think I remember a pic of Woody wearing them now that you say that.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
That's a helmet I did (it's in my man cave along with 28 other Cyclone helmets).
Haha! And a good one it was.

I think "one a day" (one pic per day, of those helmets) ought to get us thru most of the summer (mid July anyway)! What say? :)

Reactions: Draf and Cy37

Cy37

Jan 1, 2018
Happy Fathers Day Cyclones!!
Can I get a mock-up of these uniforms with a few small changes?
First the pants absolutely need a stripe. I think a mostly cardinal stripe with a small amount of gold would look great. Something similar to our b-ball shorts with a tornado-like design.

The 2019 jersey looks good but could probably use a hint of white to match the rest.

Lastly, of course I think the orrnado should be included even if not in the helmet. Maybe there is a way to include on the side of the shoulder pads or on the collar.

Attachments

• D99DE671-13AE-438D-B0AF-7EDF5CAB2595.jpeg
    D99DE671-13AE-438D-B0AF-7EDF5CAB2595.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 32

k123

Sep 14, 2011
Iowa
Good call. I think I remember a pic of Woody wearing them now that you say that.
These posts have been resolved but just to do so with some pics...

The 1977 throwbacks were worn in 2007 as a '77 Peach Bowl Tribute , the Shaggy (Bret Culbertson) field goal to defeat Iowa 15-13:
shaggy.jpg

The Trice throwbacks, as inspired by the Hivemind on this very message board, one of it's greatest achievements, but then then not quite fully executed by the powers that be, were worn in 2013, a 27-21 loss to Iowa. (The unis were still a good ol' college try...especially considering they neer would have happened if it we not for cyclonefanatic. I think they were worse than concept on the white numbers, but better on the old-gold color of stripes and pants, great socks.)
  • Article about Cyclonefanatic...just some minor inaccuracies if I remember correctly:
https://www.iowastatedaily.com/opin...cle_b0d65a2e-61ce-11e1-b2f3-0019bb2963f4.html
  • Vision, Draft Version 5,468 :)
shawnbrogden3.jpg

• Reality
Throwbacks-4.jpg

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Can I get a mock-up of these uniforms with a few small changes?
First the pants absolutely need a stripe. I think a mostly cardinal stripe with a small amount of gold would look great. Something similar to our b-ball shorts with a tornado-like design. [[[Could you be more specific? I agree the pants need a stripe but don't necessarily think it has to be the same kind of stripe on each color pant. On my recent ideas/pics, my gold pant and the white pant stripe (or the stripe on the white pant and the stripe on the gold pant) are most similar. The stripe on the cardinal pant is very different. On my black pant I currently have a very light, muted stripe.... So you would like to see a mostly cardinal stripe with a small amt. of gold? Which pant color would you like to see that on? I'm assuming you mean the white pants since you included pic of w/c/w? Could you post a pic of the BB shorts you are referring to? ]]]

The 2019 jersey looks good but could probably use a hint of white to match the rest.

Lastly, of course I think the orrnado should be included even if not in the helmet. Maybe there is a way to include on the side of the shoulder pads or on the collar. [[[Well again, teams are only allowed one logo on pant and one logo on jersey. They would have to take off the I-State which I don't think will happern.]]]
Comments above.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
ISU unis red  2018 Mod7PantStripe2 rbY2  42rybWSde .jpg ISU unis red  2018 Mod8PantStripe ybW  42wbYSde .jpg
A few more mods to these pics. I fixed the shoulder stripe to where I envision it with my mockups and added pant stripes. Both the sh stripe and pant stripe have the darker '69-'82 gold, the current gold we are now using, and white. Looks so much better w/ real pics.
Carry both of these cardinal jerseys during the season.

Draf

Jun 8, 2017
Haha! And a good one it was.

I think "one a day" (one pic per day, of those helmets) ought to get us thru most of the summer (mid July anyway)! What say? :)
If I find the time, I may just do that.