Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
If opposing coaches aren't already all over this in recruiting they are missing a huge opportunity to kill Iowa's recruiting for the forseeable future.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Pretty sure Iowa's recruiting classes will still look like the ones that took them to new year's bowl games...in the 50s.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I'm just catching up to this, but how do these accusations relate to Ferentz's mini-media tour this week? He's a generally conservative type of coach so I was a little surprised to see him in a Register story and then on SportsCenter, out in front on racial issues. Then these allegations come out. Did he know they were coming and that was his attempt to get in front of the story?

A super-damning part of Ferentz's response, in my opinion, was the part about how he wishes they'd come to him instead of going public. I'm sure he thinks that, but I'm very surprised he'd say it publicly, for obvious reasons.

This is sad and I don't take joy in it, even as a rival. But I can't think of an athletic department less equipped to handle this right now. It's going to take leadership from the top of the university, and frankly I'm not sure they have that, either.

It will be very interesting to watch this play out, because being as objective as I can be here, I think if this were some other school in some other state that none of us cared about, it would be pretty clear to all of us what ought to happen in response to this.

Last edited:

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
No way KF survives this. If he does it will follow him until the end of his career. Bad culture starts at the top.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Akrum Wadley Mom just posted a 4min video on Facebook that she is going live with a book and video on IOwa program from former players and mother's of former players..

BIG OLE YIKES...

If anyone thinks this thing is about to cool down...think again...Iowa fball is on fire and 1000 gallons of gasoline are about to get dumped onto it.

Doyle getting fired seems to be a mute point right now...a given. Heck if he isn't fired it might be end of KF.

Edit: on Twitter

Reactions: isufbcurt

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if BF was a total d-bag.... he just comes across as one every time he speaks. I've always thought KF seemed like a decent human being at least, but I've never had that feeling about BF.

LOL, no doubt on that one.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Akrum Wadley Mom just posted a 4min video on Facebook that she is going live with a book and video on IOwa program from former players and mother's of former players..

BIG OLE YIKES...

If anyone thinks this thing is about to cool down...think again...Iowa fball is on fire and 1000 gallons of gasoline are about to get dumped onto it.

Doyle getting fired seems to be a mute point right now...a given. Heck if he isn't fired it might be end of KF.

Edit: on Twitter
Where can we find the video?

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
If opposing coaches aren't already all over this in recruiting they are missing a huge opportunity to kill Iowa's recruiting for the forseeable future.
Am I just missing something. I think that this is a case of he who is without sin cast the first stone. I know over the last week I have reflected on my life and realized I can do more. I think we as a society is going to have a serious reckoning of what we have all tolerated.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Cowherd will really run with this and his new version of "Iowa- the Fake ID" will not be good.

Right? Normally, I'd love to sit back and watch the U of I burn from a scandal, but feel bad so many of these young men are obviously hurting because being treated unfairly just because of the color of their skin. Hope Iowa can own this, show how they've listened/learned and we can get back to watching all their other PR disasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.