Iowa Football Recruiting

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Purdy is good and showed toughness playing through ankle sprains, and I get what you're saying. But he doesn't start for every B1G team outside of the Buckeyes. Several? Sure. But he doesn't start at Nebby, Minney, Penn St., Michigan, Wisco, or Indiana.
A+

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Why did you rate my reply funny Triangle? We all know we have sucked for most of ISU's history? This isn't anything new.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Why did you rate my reply funny Triangle? We all know we have sucked for most of ISU's history? This isn't anything new.

It is just funny because a fan base with this history runs so much smack on this site it is crazy. Then on the flip side ISU fans act like Iowa has no right to talk about basketball because they have had more success 3-8 years ago.

May 18, 2020
These guys brought the heat today.

Just curious, but is CFB Kings an independent source (with no known rivalry bias against the clones)? I mean, no doubt about those stats accurately illustrating Iowa State's position in the College Football World, but what's the potential motivation behind that tweet? They just thought it was unbelievable or funny how bad Iowa State is (historically) in football? It just seems so random...

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Purdy is good and showed toughness playing through ankle sprains, and I get what you're saying. But he doesn't start for every B1G team outside of the Buckeyes. Several? Sure. But he doesn't start at Nebby, Minney, Penn St., Michigan, Wisco, or Indiana.

Yeah, sure. A 2nd round talent (at worst) wouldn't start at Nebraska, PSU, Michigan, Wisconsin or Indiana. F'in ridiculous. Minnesota has an argument. But PSU would be in playoff contention with a good QB.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Just curious, but is CFB Kings an independent source (with no known rivalry bias against the clones)? I mean, no doubt about those stats accurately illustrating Iowa State's position in the College Football World, but what's the potential motivation behind that tweet? They just thought it was unbelievable or funny how bad Iowa State is (historically) in football? It just seems so random...

Just curious? Everyone here knows ISU's history, not that it means anything for the future. I've seen enough of their tweets to know that they're not unbiased.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Nebraska passed on a Heisman trophy winner, of course they would pass on Purdy.
I'm actually in agreement with that. Is Purdy better than Martinez? Yes. Would Frost pick Martinez over Purdy? 99% yes.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
ISU has a terrible football history? Why didn't anyone tell me this before I became a fan? Why did I even go to school there? I'm questioning everything now.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
Life is not where you've been, but where you're going. No one in their right mind can deny an upward trend is occurring. We're excited to see that continue.

Going from 8 wins to 7 is an upward trend? Is it also an upward trend to go from winning a Bowl game to losing 2 in a row?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
ISU has a terrible football history? Why didn't anyone tell me this before I became a fan? Why did I even go to school there? I'm questioning everything now.
I love when those things get brought up lol. We get it. We were awful. That's why we're excited to be fans of a team that doesn't outright suck.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020

Isu’s history is what it is. The real question is if CMC is the greatest coach in isu history why hasn’t he changed this history? He still hasn’t won more than 8 games. Still hasn’t won or played for a conference title, still hasn’t played in a major Bowl game, still hasn’t had a player win a national award, still hasn’t out recruited his in-state rival, still hasn’t had a first team Al-American or had a first round draft pick.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Going from 8 wins to 7 is an upward trend? Is it also an upward trend to go from winning a Bowl game to losing 2 in a row?
An upward trend from where we've been, not from one individual season to the next. You and a few other Iowa fans absolutely love picking out spans of individual years to try and build arguments don't you? If Iowa wins 8 games next year is their program on a downward trend? No

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Isu’s history is what it is. The real question is if CMC is the greatest coach in isu history why hasn’t he changed this history? He still hasn’t won more than 8 games. Still hasn’t won or played for a conference title, still hasn’t played in a major Bowl game, still hasn’t had a player win a national award, still hasn’t out recruited his in-state rival, still hasn’t had a first team Al-American or had a first round draft pick.
HE'S BEEN THERE 4 YEARS.