Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Thank you for the birthday wishes! Feeling kinda icky for some reason this afternoon but overall a nice day. Got in some hiking in a new place with DH and his brother on their way home from visiting in-laws and got some pizza for dinner.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Talking to one of the wife’s friends this morning. She went to church yesterday and told us about an incident that happened. Apparently she was watching the candle lighters put out the candles at the end of the service. One was really struggling to get the candles put out. My church has the lighter/snuffer combo thing. They do not. So the kid was trying to blow them out, with his mask on. She never said how they got put out but the kid was really trying she said.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
We went to process our season passes at Adventureland, because we didn't plan for a pandemic or anything.

As we went through the process, it struck some of us that all of this would be done online at other places. That started as an expat from Minnesota talked about the same process at Valleyfair.
I mean, we're Iowans, so a clunky process worked, I guess, but we were there 90+ minutes for something we could do in 10 minutes or less from home.

Also, I prefer doing stuff from home.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Happy Belated Birthday @cowgirl836

cow-birthday-cake_868615.jpg

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Hey cowgirl, sorry I missed the actual day, but now you're well into the next year so happy belated birthday and congratulations! And this from my favorite online e-card place:
monday-birthday-joke-calendar-funny-ecard-PeT.png

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
So I'm an idiot, but I guess I have an excuse to stall.
While DMACC reshuffles fall classes, I went on record with "I can do anything that helps out."
I thought to myself, "I hope that doesn't mean a second-half semester class with that delayed payday again."
It means a second-half semester class with that delayed payday again.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
11:25, time for 2nd breakfast.

tenor.gif

1st breakfast was coffee with a side of coffee and a single Hershey chocolate kiss.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Can't decide whether to go for a short walkabout or not. One the plus side the threatening weather will make social distancing in the park easier. On the con side, dat threatening weather.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Does anyone know if it's possible to make Facebook show me the most recent postings on my page? It's bad enough on computer, but on my phone I have to scroll so much/far to see anything worthwhile that's recent. On my Twitter phone app I can choose most recent.
Or is this a Mark Zuckerberg "You're on your own kid" thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron