Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Someone: Can I pull you into a 10 minute meeting right now?
Me: A meeting for what?
Someone: Never Mind

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I'm making guacamole. After chopping 3 tbls of cilantro you still have 90% of the bunch left. Of course it will just wilt as I have no reason to use it. I wonder if I could maybe put it in the dehydrator.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'm making guacamole. After chopping 3 tbls of cilantro you still have 90% of the bunch left. Of course it will just wilt as I have no reason to use it. I wonder if I could maybe put it in the dehydrator.

Tape it under your arm pits with duct tape and Twitter out that it prevents Covid-19 and then wait and see how long it takes for the prez to retweet it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Tape it under your arm pits with duct tape and Twitter out that it prevents Covid-19 and then wait and see how long it takes for the prez to retweet it.

You may have a million dollar idea!!!! Better buy some avocados before they are all gone.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
You may have a million dollar idea!!!! Better buy some avocados before they are all gone.

No, no, not the guacamole, the dried cilantro! :eek:

Although the prez would probably believe and retweet a cure using avocado pits as a suppository. ;)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No, no, not the guacamole, the dried cilantro! :eek:

Although the prez would probably believe and retweet a cure using avocado pits as a suppository. ;)

I need to get them to say that rocks from Northern Iowa help fend it off. Been too wet to get out there lately and could use the free labor going out to get them.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I made pad Thai the other night (with chicken). It turned out pretty good, the vixen was raving about it the next day. So I guess I found a winner.
Making Taco burgers tonight. Just mixed up ground beef with taco seasoning. Just need to mince some jalapeno and habanero later as the last of the prep.

Reactions: oldman and SCyclone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I planted some tomato plants on Saturday and already had one plant taken out by deer yesterday. The deer also ate some of the flowers on my strawberry plants, even though they had some chicken-wire cages around them. Any good recommendations on repellant for deer?

This reply is late but deer repellent spray works some times. Lead poisoning is always an option if you don't have nearby neighbors. ;):D

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
NWICY!!!!!!! How long have you been back? Good to see you.

Actually just today. My computer was down basically from the 1st of April with a couple attempts to start it. It's a laptop and we've figured it out that it has a short in it on a perfectly smooth surface it works ok but on your lap or any time it gets jostled if on off it goes. Taking it back in Mon to try to get it fixed now that we've actually found the problem.

Spring has been fine my family has all been Covid free so far. Been busy with work and keeping my folks stocked up with anything they need from town. Just this wk they've started going to town but using masks so that is a good thing (I hope). Also with a nod to @VeloClone and @BoxsterCy, me and my cousin have been biking on a fairly regular basis the last 2-3 wks she takes her bike and I've been using the Fat Bike if I ever get on my road bike I should be able to go on that pretty well. Our rides are usually 10-15 miles had one 20miler it was a long haul on the fat bike. Hope all in RTT are doing well, it's fun to be catching back up.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Anyone have experience with ticks? Took the dog for a walk in a taller grassy area near Chichaqua park just off highway 65. Got back to the car and knocked 2 ticks off my leg, and removed about 4 from our dog when we got home. Pretty sure I wasn't bit, and the dog is on Nexgard, but freaking out about these little bastards. Gone through our house about 4 times to make sure there aren't any roaming the house.

If they weren't embedded you should be fine. If you get one stuck to you make sure you get the head out when you remove it. I've heard vaseline works well for that supposedly it smothers them.

Reactions: CloneGuy8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron