• Fat Stanley

Votes: 14 13.0%
  • Pat Mahomes

Votes: 94 87.0%

• Total voters

CF_Cyclone

Mar 31, 2006
Cedar Falls, IA
Lets see, Mahomes athletic skill, versus Stanley's slightly above average college qb. Andy Reid, who has some history with good quarterbacks, traded up to get Mahomes in the first round, Stanley ended up being drafted with the 244th pick.
College stats wise Mahomes threw for 11,252 yards, 93 touchdowns, a 63.5% completion pct, and a 152 qb rating in 39 games, vs. Stanley's 8,297 yard, 68 touchdowns, 58.3% completion pct, 68 touchdowns and a 134 qb rating. Stanley will likely be on the practice squad as a rookie, Mahomes was the back in season 1 and MVP in season 2.
Easy choice.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
I have no idea if you have alts on here. I'd think not, but it is hard to put anything past you really. I can't even begin to imagine the skill and effort it takes to obsess about your rival all day, every day for the past 8 or 9 years. So that makes me just assume you are doing many, many more things that are well beyond us common folks understanding.
Says a guy with over 3,000 posts in less than 2 years on a rivals message board...you can't make this stuff up. o_O

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
The only time I want to see Stanley's fat ass lining up for my Minnesota Vikings this season is on the OL, and that is of course if he's learned the position well enough. He already has the body, and it would appear he's a smart guy, so hopefully he can pick up on it quick.

clonehoodie

May 14, 2017
Reading the CF Forum is like atheists talking about God. They swear he doesn't exist, but that is all they ever talk about.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
No he doesn't. They took a flyer on him due to his size with the hopes they can make him somewhat accurate
To convert him to the oline. Not sure if his footwork will be good enough.

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
I'm actually willing to concede Stanley was an underrated quality and stabilizing force at QB for Iowa. I think he made a lot of plays for 3 years that covered up a lot, as I think they were inconsistent running the ball and Goodson is a significant improvement over what Stanley had collectively in the backfield.

Problem is, Iowa fans also think they will have no significant problem replacing him with Petras & Co. and a powerful drop off isn't going to happen because Iowa relies on their ground and pound ball control system. There's so many contradictions built into it. All roads lead to Iowa is a football powerhouse that can't be brought down.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron