Chaundee Brown Final 4 List

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
He's good and I'd take him.

But based on stats and what I see from his tapes, I don't think he takes us from a team on the bubble of the NIT to on the bubble of the NCAA tournament.

Hope I'm wrong.
You don’t think he could make a 4 game difference?

Cyclonic1

Aug 7, 2012
Sun City, AZ
True... but that is a risk for all of the final 4. Though considering the amount of schools who reached out I think the expectation is he'll remove his name from the draft.
It is worth the risk either way especially having 3 open scholarships open. if CB commits Prohm has 2 to work with to make a contingency plan.
2 to is too redundant

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
What 4 games? Not on our roster, this team is probably a single digit win team. We have two guards returning and will likely be banking on 3 freshman to put in a ton of minutes.
Sorry, I thought you said he wouldn’t take a NIT bubble team and make them a NCAA bubble team? It we’re a NIT bubble team without him, we’re a Tournament team with him. Did I misread?

We won’t have just three guards. If we land Brown, I’ll be you $100 we’re a bubble team. It would be similar to 1998-99 to 1999-2000. Fizer, Nurse, Johnson, Rancik, Shirley, all returned from a bad season. They improved and matured, and we added a guard with great talent (JT) and another talented guard (Horton). We won’t be that good, no one is JT, but we don’t need to be even close to that good to make the tournament.

Next year:
Brown lives up to his 5-star abilities, Bolton improves, Jackson improves, Harris improves into a part-time pg/part-time McGee, two freshmen surprise, Johnson is as billed, Young continues his trend from last year, and Conditt regains his early 2019-20 form.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Wake Forest transfer Chaundee Brown has a list of four NCAA Basketball programs that are in the running. Which of them has the best shot at landing the guard?

Brown has been a starter for the Demon Deacons each of the last three seasons, averaging a career 10.4 ppg and 4.7 rpg. He had to deal with multiple injuries in 2019-20, missing eight games and having to come off the bench in another eight. But when healthy, the 6’5 guard is capable of putting up big outings.Considering that he isn’t projected being selected in the 2020 NBA Draft, odds are good that’ll he’ll spend one more season in NCAA Basketball.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/04...transfer-guard-chaundee-browns-final-4-teams/

Nycclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 24, 2010
Wake Forest transfer Chaundee Brown has a list of four NCAA Basketball programs that are in the running. Which of them has the best shot at landing the guard?

Brown has been a starter for the Demon Deacons each of the last three seasons, averaging a career 10.4 ppg and 4.7 rpg. He had to deal with multiple injuries in 2019-20, missing eight games and having to come off the bench in another eight. But when healthy, the 6’5 guard is capable of putting up big outings.Considering that he isn’t projected being selected in the 2020 NBA Draft, odds are good that’ll he’ll spend one more season in NCAA Basketball.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/04...transfer-guard-chaundee-browns-final-4-teams/

Rasir Bolton might go pro after next year? Really?

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
What 4 games? Not on our roster, this team is probably a single digit win team. We have two guards returning and will likely be banking on 3 freshman to put in a ton of minutes.
Cmon man, single digit wins for a Power 6 school is other worldly bad.

Last edited:

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Sorry, I thought you said he wouldn’t take a NIT bubble team and make them a NCAA bubble team? It we’re a NIT bubble team without him, we’re a Tournament team with him. Did I misread?

We won’t have just three guards. If we land Brown, I’ll be you $100 we’re a bubble team. It would be similar to 1998-99 to 1999-2000. Fizer, Nurse, Johnson, Rancik, Shirley, all returned from a bad season. They improved and matured, and we added a guard with great talent (JT) and another talented guard (Horton). We won’t be that good, no one is JT, but we don’t need to be even close to that good to make the tournament.

Next year:
Brown lives up to his 5-star abilities, Bolton improves, Jackson improves, Harris improves into a part-time pg/part-time McGee, two freshmen surprise, Johnson is as billed, Young continues his trend from last year, and Conditt regains his early 2019-20 form.

I guess what I’m saying is he’s good, but I’m not going to be drinking the kool aid. I don’t see this guy being a Deandre Kane (Deandre Kane was a boss AND had NBA talent playing with him) or being the program changer some are making him out to be. This roster, as is, is an 8/9 finish in the Big 12 (unless you believe these freshman will light the world on fire) and I don’t think this guy, single handedly, puts us in the top half of the Big 12, like some seem to be making it out to be.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I guess what I’m saying is he’s good, but I’m not going to be drinking the kool aid. I don’t see this guy being a Deandre Kane (Deandre Kane was a boss AND had NBA talent playing with him) or being the program changer some are making him out to be. This roster, as is, is an 8/9 finish in the Big 12 (unless you believe these freshman will light the world on fire) and I don’t think this guy, single handedly, puts us in the top half of the Big 12, like some seem to be making it out to be.
You keep moving the bar. It was the bubble, now it’s the top half of the Big 12.

If we’re otherwise 8th in the Big 12, we don’t need Brown to be a Kane or a program-changer to be on the bubble, or even a tournament team.

If we land Brown, I’ll bet you $100 we’re on at least the bubble.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Yes, it is.

We had 12 this year with an NBA lottery pick who won’t be returning this year.

That lottery pick also was hurt for 1/3 of the season and due to missing on Zion and Terrence who transferred force to rely on two raw freshman.
Next years team is going to be starting 3 new players and changing 6 (imo improved) in the rotation from last year. It just isn't downgrading from Hali play the first 20 games it is also improving from Nixon and Jacobson play for all 33 games. It won't be close to the same team, and I expect Tre and Rasir to improve from last year too.

Assuming you add Brown or one more high level transfer to mitigate TH's loss and incoming freshman class ISU contribute will be better than 12 wins. NIT or bubble is more likely than less than 10 wins.
(And there would be 2 more schollys available to improve.)

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I've seen this sort of perspective from multiple people on here, but we shouldn't be measuring every single transfer we get to Deandre Kane, who is arguably one of the best transfers of all time. We also shouldn't measure next year's team to the 2013-2014 team at all. That team could have been one of the best teams in ISU history had Georges not ended up breaking his foot.

I don't think many people are expecting or should expect us to get 3rd in the conference, have 3-4 all conference players, the Big 12 POY, win the Big 12 Tournament, make a Sweet 16 and win 28 games. I think most have the mindset that getting Brown or someone similar, Harris becoming eligible, and possibly picking up someone else could put us into the tournament as a 8, 9, or 10 seed.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
That lottery pick also was hurt for 1/3 of the season and due to missing on Zion and Terrence who transferred force to rely on two raw freshman.
Next years team is going to be starting 3 new players and changing 6 (imo improved) in the rotation from last year. It just isn't downgrading from Hali play the first 20 games it is also improving from Nixon and Jacobson play for all 33 games. It won't be close to the same team, and I expect Tre and Rasir to improve from last year too.

Assuming you add Brown or one more high level transfer to mitigate TH's loss and incoming freshman class ISU contribute will be better than 12 wins. NIT or bubble is more likely than less than 10 wins.
(And there would be 2 more schollys available to improve.)

I also don’t think you can overstate how badly the weird roster hurt the team. It was a team with no 3s, no 4s, a bunch of undersized 2s, and three 5s. In some cases, it seemed like the talent was there, we just needed (and didn’t have) a replacement-level 3 and 4. Johnson solves one on those spots. If a freshman or transfer can adequately fill another wing spot, I’d expect the team to be much better.

Remember, a power conference team doesn’t need to be GOOD to make the tourney, they just need to be Not Awful.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I've seen this sort of perspective from multiple people on here, but we shouldn't be measuring every single transfer we get to Deandre Kane, who is arguably one of the best transfers of all time. We also shouldn't measure next year's team to the 2013-2014 team at all. That team could have been one of the best teams in ISU history had Georges not ended up breaking his foot.

I don't think many people are expecting or should expect us to get 3rd in the conference, have 3-4 all conference players, the Big 12 POY, win the Big 12 Tournament, make a Sweet 16 and win 28 games. I think most have the mindset that getting Brown or someone similar, Harris becoming eligible, and possibly picking up someone else could put us into the tournament as a 8, 9, or 10 seed.
Imo that team still was one of the best in ISU history!!

Guys, we’re greatly overestimating what’s needed to make the Tournament, let alone the bubble. It doesn’t take a roster without flaws or even terribly good coaching. And it certainly doesn’t take a lottery pick. Having a sound team goes a lot further than having a lottery pick.

Prohm has flaws, but come on! He’s previously accomplished this task of improving a lot after losing a lot, just two seasons ago. If we find someone to be that Shayok talent and leadership role, we’ll be AT LEAST a ******* bubble team.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Imo that team still was one of the best in ISU history!!

Guys, we’re greatly overestimating what’s needed to make the Tournament, let alone the bubble. It doesn’t take a roster without flaws or even terribly good coaching. And it certainly doesn’t take a lottery pick. Having a sound team goes a lot further than having a lottery pick.

Prohm has flaws, but come on! He’s previously accomplished this task of improving a lot after losing a lot, just two seasons ago. If we find someone to be that Shayok talent and leadership role, we’ll be AT LEAST a ******* bubble team.
Oh completely agree. We could realistically get 7th in the conference and make the NCAA tournament. We should not instill it into our heads that we HAVE to be a top 4 team in the conference. Would it be awesome? Yep. But we should not expect it. We just want to make the tournament and see what happens. We've had some very solid teams not even make it out of the first round, so just make the tournament and give us a chance to pull off something fun.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
The biggest "We might have cheated" since I have been around Iowa State sports was Marcus Fizer. When we got him I think most people were just kind of looking the other way. There was a story about Tim Floyd being friends with his mom back in the day or some crap but overall it was a "hmmmm Ill just go ahead and act like we got him on the up and up".
You clearly don't know the story.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I also don’t think you can overstate how badly the weird roster hurt the team. It was a team with no 3s, no 4s, a bunch of undersized 2s, and three 5s. In some cases, it seemed like the talent was there, we just needed (and didn’t have) a replacement-level 3 and 4. Johnson solves one on those spots. If a freshman or transfer can adequately fill another wing spot, I’d expect the team to be much better.

Remember, a power conference team doesn’t need to be GOOD to make the tourney, they just need to be Not Awful.
I think your last sentence is something we really need to keep in mind and I'm glad you reminded me. If a team isn't awful then they can be in games and anything can happen. Some years you win close games even though the talent level isn't the best. You just want to be in close games that awful teams can't.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron