Chaundee Brown Final 4 List

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
OK, not cash. But what was the 'like that' request Fred was being asked about?
I'm not going to get into specifics lol. All I can tell you is that we cannot afford to break the rules to the extent of the blue bloods. There are ways you can help players out that aren't simply giving them a duffle bag full of cash before, after, or during their time with the program.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I'm not going to get into specifics lol...

I can appreciate that, but then it's probably not a good idea to bring up a specific recruiting conversation involving a Cyclone coach and a shady handler. Not lol.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I can appreciate that, but then it's probably not a good idea to bring up a specific recruiting conversation involving a Cyclone coach and a shady handler. Not lol.
I wasn't incriminating Hoiberg at all, rather just shining light on the fact that Hoiberg made it pretty clear to the handler that at Iowa State, we can't pay our athletes lol. The rules have also changed a ton since then as far as what colleges can give to athletes and what not. So what we were doing back then might actually be legal now.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
The biggest "We might have cheated" since I have been around Iowa State sports was Marcus Fizer. When we got him I think most people were just kind of looking the other way. There was a story about Tim Floyd being friends with his mom back in the day or some crap but overall it was a "hmmmm Ill just go ahead and act like we got him on the up and up".

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA

3yda2p.jpg

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

This guy is oozing with ability. My favorite takeaway from this highlight video was how good he was at offensive rebounding. In particular, on one play he got position and an angle on a guy to get the O-board, and knew to pump fake instead of going up right away, resulting in an and-1 opportunity..

Consensus: really really really want.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I wasn't incriminating Hoiberg at all, rather just shining light on the fact that Hoiberg made it pretty clear to the handler that at Iowa State, we can't pay our athletes lol....

"Pay" to most people would mean cash. But, whatever.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
There are ways you can help players out that aren't simply giving them a duffle bag full of cash before, after, or during their time with the program.

I have heard of a specific plan at one of the blue bloods where they promise a recruit to get him to the NBA and if he doesn't get there, then after he has graduated they guarantee him a large sum of cash. I'm not even sure if that violates a rule. (Edit: JUst to be clear, the cash comes from boosters, not the school).

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
The biggest "We might have cheated" since I have been around Iowa State sports was Marcus Fizer. When we got him I think most people were just kind of looking the other way. There was a story about Tim Floyd being friends with his mom back in the day or some crap but overall it was a "hmmmm Ill just go ahead and act like we got him on the up and up".
More like Floyd's wife was a friend of Fizer's family IIRC, but I certainly don't recall anyone thinking Floyd did anything under the table. That was when he was at USC

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I have heard of a specific plan at one of the blue bloods where they promise a recruit to get him to the NBA and if he doesn't get there, then after he has graduated they guarantee him a large sum of cash. I'm not even sure if that violates a rule. (Edit: JUst to be clear, the cash comes from boosters, not the school).
I believe that's still illegal to receive any sort of compensation even after your playing time, even if it's done by a booster. Certainly difficult to look into though, especially if the payment is a ways down the road.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
He's good and I'd take him.

But based on stats and what I see from his tapes, I don't think he takes us from a team on the bubble of the NIT to on the bubble of the NCAA tournament.

Hope I'm wrong.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron