Chaundee Brown Final 4 List

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I don't remember 100% whether it was Rashad's father, uncle, or handler, but the person with Rashad on his visit essentially asked Fred face-to-face how much we were going to pay Vaughn and Fred basically said we couldn't offer anything like that.

Pretty sure his handler was hired by the AAU team in Vegas that is ran by a huge UNLV donor.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
UNLV can always get the recruit's family members jobs and paychecks in the local industry. That's a big plus for a lot of families that struggle.

in that particular situation, it involved a prep school that an alum purchased, and funneled players to unlv

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Pretty sure his handler was hired by the AAU team in Vegas that is ran by a huge UNLV donor.

Matt was lead recruiter on Vaughn. His handler was hired by a prep school as an assistant coach. The prep school is ran by a former UNLV player who is rich. They paid his handler 250k to be an assistant for a year. After Vaughn declares and went pro his handler was out of a job. Basically they paid him until Vaughn was no longer a need for Vegas.

Here is the story
https://m.startribune.com/dec-18-pa...ketball-star-vaughn-draws-scrutiny/236317431/

the school was Findlay Prep in Vegas
when is this current recruit announcing. Any timeline yet?

Last edited:

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I want to see Iowa State in a bidding war.

"Now we cannot offer you cash, per se. But what I can offer is this Ames Chamber of Commerce Coupon Booklet. There's over $200 is savings in there. Just as good as cash, in my opinion."

Reactions: Cytown12

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I don't remember 100% whether it was Rashad's father, uncle, or handler, but the person with Rashad on his visit essentially asked Fred face-to-face how much we were going to pay Vaughn and Fred basically said we couldn't offer anything like that.

Interesting detail.
What was the 'like that'? Did Fred give RV's guy his number?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
So.... that Chaundee Brown fella? Looks like he could be that missing piece ehh??
His style of play, length, and athleticism is exactly what we are looking for, yes. As someone said above, he has a Shayok look to him, but I'm definitely not saying he's going to come here and be a first team all conference player.

He would give next year's team a good boost to where we all would like us to be.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Interesting detail.
What was the 'like that'? Did Fred give RV's guy his number?
So nothing pertaining to cash.. As I mentioned above, we don't have the capability to compensate players that way due to a variety of reasons. We're in the category that most other teams are in which they can help players out in some way, but it's so minuscule that there would likely not be any punishment whatsoever if the NCAA even investigated it.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

"Now we cannot offer you cash, per se. But what I can offer is this Ames Chamber of Commerce Coupon Booklet. There's over $200 is savings in there. Just as good as cash, in my opinion."

I bet that Oldsmobile that Jiri Hubalek always drove around town is in some garage on campus somewhere. Could be the tipping point on Brown if it runs.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
24-7 babysitting was one of things RW got...Keeping him eligible was a full-time job.
BTW, this comes from a student manager that was part of the staff that got the "opportunity" to follow RW.
So when does your 30 for 30 come out?

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006

Don't forget the quality of water we can offer.

Reactions: baagoe

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron