Iowa Football Recruiting

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He would have been a good get but tough to pluck a kid out of his home state. Purdue is one of those dreary Ag/Engineering type schools but Brohm has done a good job attracting WRs to Purdue. They just don’t seem to have a complete roster though.

Consistently missing out on actual good WR recruits is why your WR looks like it does. Could you imagine landing a guy like Xavier Hutchinson, TJ Tampa or Daniel Jackson? You guys would be blowing your wad lol

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
I think they're a bowl team, likely 6 to 7 wins.

They still have a fairly tough schedule with Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota.

They have several '19-20 other bowl teams in their non conference and conference schedule too in Memphis, Air Force, BC and Indiana.

Purdue has started the season slowly as of late and starting off the season with Nebraska in Lincoln, followed by Air Force, Memphis and BC will be a big test. Memphis went 12-2 last year and even tho they gave up 50+ points to PSU in a loss, they’re a tough early season matchup for most teams.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
Consistently missing out on actual good WR recruits is why your WR looks like it does. Could you imagine landing a guy like Xavier Hutchinson, TJ Tampa or Daniel Jackson? You guys would be blowing your wad lol

I haven’t heard of them. Iowa’s WR corps is going to be pretty good this year tho. I wouldn’t trade ISM for anyone. He’s pretty electric as a playmaker and has improved greatly as a WR too. He’s one of the best KOR in the country.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa’s WR corps is going to be pretty good. I wouldn’t trade ISM for anyone. He’s pretty electric as a playmaker and has improved greatly as a WR too. He’s one of the best KOR in the country.

Ours is better and will continue to be. We literally just signed 3 WRs in the 2020 class that are better than Ferentz has signed since________? Keenan Davis?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
They won 4 games last year. 5-7 wins would be a significant improvemen. Hype? They have good WRs and can toss the ball around but that doesn’t mean they have a great team. Their defense is mediocre at best.
Impossible. They play in the B1G.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
Wow didn't know Llewellyn had all of the offers he did including a Penn State offer. When's the last time the state had this many kids play P5 ball?

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
ISU would have let him play on either side of the ball, but definitely wanted him at TE.

We never seriously recruited him as a DE, he wasn’t even on our board there. There is a reason we offered the Johnston kid the day it looked like Max was going to Iowa.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Max Llewellyn just committed to Iowa. Good pickup.
Really solid get. These posts are the only way I know thread isn't just getting copied and pasted, page after page. Have to keep an eye out for instate verbals with multiple P5 offers to keep track. Instate recruiting seems to be going well this year for Iowa outside of Bollers. Fidone would be great, but I don't see it happening. There's definitely a ton of instate talent this year compared to most.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Kansas lost to Coastal Carolina...then turned around and pummeled BC which was (gasp) a bowl team. It’s almost as if there isn’t a huge gap between 7 win teams and 5 win teams.

Spoken like a fan base who is used to winning 3-5 games a year, thinking they are actually a 7 win team. You see, in reality 7 win teams win 7 games, and 5 win teams win 5 games. Every fan base laments the close losses and glosses over the close victories deluding themselves into thinking they were actually 2 wins better than they were. As I stated before 7-8 win teams can certainly lose to non bowl teams, but they don't do it often, or they wouldn't be 7-8 win teams.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
He would have been a good get but tough to pluck a kid out of his home state. Purdue is one of those dreary Ag/Engineering type schools but Brohm has done a good job attracting WRs to Purdue. They just don’t seem to have a complete roster though.

...and Iowa is one of those douche type schools that can't pay their contractors along with having a discriminating AD.

What's your point? Iowa promotes ANF. You are whacked out our head on your comment!