97-98 Bulls Documentary (The Last Dance)

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The teams of the 90s were so much better than the teams Lebron faced. The East had so many good teams on the road to the Finals back then, whereas the East of the 2010s were hardly a challenge. Lebron doesn't make the Finals very often if he had to face competition every round of the playoffs.

I'd say lbj has had easier regular season and playoff paths but tougher finals matchups. Easier to get there, a bit harder to beat the opponent but only because of GSW.

It’s an intriguing theory, and you can make an argument for it.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/131997-mjs-1st-retirement-was-it-a-secret-suspension

That said, not sure why the NBA would cover up his misdeeds AND kick him out with his marketability and star power. It’s more likely after the first 3 peat he wasn’t feeling challenged anymore.

Also a lot of these theories seem to forget the tragedy that happened with his father. If that had happened to me I would’ve taken a leave of absence from work too.

It's actually comparable to Biden not running for president in '16 coming off his son's death.

The championship ring taken from his dad has to be one of the most infamous stolen objects circulating in the world. Definitely of things stolen in the past few decades.

Reactions: Cyched

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
His father was murdered, and since that happened it’s been rumored that the NBA and the mafia in Vegas were behind it because they wanted the series to go to game 7. If that is true, Jordan retiring to play baseball to say **** you to the NBA makes sense.

And then he forgives them just two years later?

Reactions: madguy30

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
And then he forgives them just two years later?
Yeah I don’t know. It doesn’t really make sense with him coming back. Only Michael and his family probably know his true feelings for leaving.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I certainly don’t care to debate MJ/Lebron but anyone who thinks Lebron would only have 3 rings if he traded spots with MJ is crazy.

They were both on championship quality rosters about 8 times.

Difference is one time LeBron ran into an elite opponent, once the season was cancelled and one time he really sucked compared to his regular season .

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Yeah I don’t know. It doesn’t really make sense with him coming back. Only Michael and his family probably know his true feelings for leaving.

Yeah, we may never find out either. He claims he had been contemplating leaving as early as 1992.

I think the baseball career was a combo of 1) a new challenge and 2) a way to honor his father (James Jordan loved baseball). Then after toiling in the minors he realized he missed the NBA and came back.

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
I certainly don’t care to debate MJ/Lebron but anyone who thinks Lebron would only have 3 rings if he traded spots with MJ is crazy.

When the Bulls weren't able to get past the Pistons in the late 80's, Lebron would have given up and joined the Pistons.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Pippen ain't easy

Saw Pip in the airport last year!

Had this funny 'Dave Chappelle' skit type of thought of how funny it would have been to throw him something to re-enact this moment in the gateway, where I'm Michael Jordan and all he does is pass me the ball while I do the memorable thing. The best is if I would have had the idiocy to do it, I wouldn't have realized the guy at mid-court isn't even Scottie.

source.gif

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Saw Pip in the airport last year!

Had this funny 'Dave Chappelle' skit type of thought of how funny it would have been to throw him something to re-enact this moment in the gateway, where I'm Michael Jordan and all he does is pass me the ball while I do the memorable thing. The best is if I would have had the idiocy to do it, I wouldn't have realized the guy at mid-court isn't even Scottie.

source.gif

And another Brad Sellers sighting!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'd say lbj has had easier regular season and playoff paths but tougher finals matchups. Easier to get there, a bit harder to beat the opponent but only because of GSW.

Has Lebron had an early 90's Knicks or '98 Pacers to get through?

I remember watching that game 7 vs. Indiana and you could tell the whole crowd was nervous that this was how that era might end.

Reactions: LindenCy

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
Can’t wait for the Lebron documentary to come out in 10-15 years. I’m sure it will be a much better ALL AROUND documentary than this one.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Has Lebron had an early 90's Knicks or '98 Pacers to get through?

I remember watching that game 7 vs. Indiana and you could tell the whole crowd was nervous that this was how that era might end.

There would have been this year with him moving to the west. The east has been so weak with the exception of LeBron's teams and very recent raptors/bucks. Am I being a Bulls homer if I think Rose's mvp season was his toughest conference finals opponent? He definitely has had epic ECF performances, just not the greatest goes.

I do think the best Pacers teams were slightly tougher than the best Knicks teams those years. With both of them it was brutal and exacted a physical price.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron