DeJulius Thread: What I'm hearing

QcClone23

Jan 25, 2019
This Program has turned into a joke under Prohm. We are looking at another bottom of the big-12 roster. Hoiberg lost 25 games last year and is at a historically bad program and has run circles around Prohm in the transfer market. Missing the tournament 3 out of 4 years is unacceptable for a coach given a top-10 program.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Kid from Hawaii is out- We slow played him and he moved on. He will stay out west

I think at this point you have to try and get Tobbin and a warm body and then just bank those final two scholarships and look for mid-year.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
I think at this point you have to try and get Tobbin and a warm body and then just bank those final two scholarships and look for mid-year.
I’d imagine or hope we bank at least one of them for a mid year

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
There are a couple exceptions including 90% guy.
Note: 'you' (and derivatives) is intended to be third person throughout.
I look at it like this: 'we', collectively, are part of the problem. I'd rather doubt and pessimism originate from deep within the program, than a mouthful of egos on these boards. If you don't see the impact of your negativity on recruiting, then I suppose you'll find an excuse for anything. I'm, of course, in that 90% crowd and I trust in whatever JP decides. But, I can't come on a board glass half empty and pile on the problem. I'd rather pile on you 'glass always half empty' people. My mother taught me well always reminding me that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all. But, then again, it's easy to hide behind a pen.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Hopefully this whole Covid situation drags on so we don’t have to see the product Prohm will be putting on the court

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
If this is true, imagine slow playing a grad transfer when you have plenty of open scholarships. Get lost, Steve.
Disappointing, as a bigger, pass first pg would have been nice to team with someone like the George Mason transfer.

But let’s see what we land! Imo guys will become available. The draft always shakes things up, as do grades, etc.

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
I look at it like this: 'we', collectively, are part of the problem. I'd rather doubt and pessimism originate from deep within the program, than a mouthful of egos on these boards. If you don't see the impact of your negativity on recruiting, then I suppose you'll find an excuse for anything. I'm, of course, in that 90% crowd and I trust in whatever JP decides. But, I can't come on a board glass half empty and pile on the problem. I'd rather pile on you 'glass always half empty' people. My mother taught me well always reminding me that if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all. But, then again, it's easy to hide behind a pen.
Hey, fun! We're into the blame the fans for reacting to the bad reality portion of the recruiting cycle. I'm surprised you can even see us from that high horse you're perched on.

cloneatlaw

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2006
Cedar Falls, IA
Hopefully this whole Covid situation drags on so we don’t have to see the product Prohm will be putting on the court
That's the way to keep things in perspective - "I hope thousands of people keep dying so I don't have to watch bad amateur basketball." Maybe take it down a notch, guys.

arobb

Jan 4, 2014
giphy.gif

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Things don't look great. He's following a bunch of Cincy players, 3 crystal balls saying he's going there, BUT, he was taking last night to consider all of his options. It's not likely, but crazier things have happened.
Okay critics, fire away.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Hey, fun! We're into the blame the fans for reacting to the bad reality portion of the recruiting cycle. I'm surprised you can even see us from that high horse you're perched on.

I know the group think on here is strong. And you guy never think you’re the problem, because you circle jerk on here.

but if you don’t think kids and parents don’t do their due diligence in seeing what they’re getting into, you’re really dumb.

It’s gone way way past X’s and O’s with this place. Even the players alluded to you it during the year. It’s a damn shame george didn’t tell everyone to suck a fat one. That’s the level this has gotten.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
Things don't look great. He's following a bunch of Cincy players, 3 crystal balls saying he's going there, BUT, he was taking last night to consider all of his options. It's not likely, but crazier things have happened.
Okay critics, fire away.
Spaghetti should never be on chili. Does he know they’re in to that?

Reactions: isutrevman

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
Okay critics, fire away.
So 90% sure he’s not coming? JK...Even if you have good info with spring recruiting it’s really not solid at all until the day of the announcement and add to that Steve can’t seem to close anybody right now

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Spaghetti should never be on chili. Does he know they’re in to that?
Is it spaghetti on chili or is the chili on the spaghetti? Either way it's weird. Oh and we play in the Big 12, have an incredible fan base, and have a point guard playing in the NBA. And does he know about Hickory Park?

Reactions: aauummm

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
So 90% sure he’s not coming? JK...Even if you have good info with spring recruiting it’s really not solid at all until the day of the announcement and add to that Steve can’t seem to close anybody right now
He closed late on Foster right?

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
I know the group think on here is strong. And you guy never think you’re the problem, because you circle jerk on here.

but if you don’t think kids and parents don’t do their due diligence in seeing what they’re getting into, you’re really dumb.

It’s gone way way past X’s and O’s with this place. Even the players alluded to you it during the year. It’s a damn shame george didn’t tell everyone to suck a fat one. That’s the level this has gotten.

Yeah it’s the bad fans that aren’t happy with 13-18 and 12-19 two of the past three years that are keeping the good transfers away. I’m sure it doesn’t have anything to do with the roster (and the inherent uncertainty associated with it) they are being asked to join.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron