Get your stimulus check payment

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
My Donnie Dividend ended up being less than the taxes I owe for 2019. So I guess I know how that's getting spent.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
This is going to be an unpopular opinion:

You shouldn't take the stimulus if you don't need it. That applies for businesses too.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

You shouldn't take the stimulus if you don't need it. That applies for businesses too.

Take it and donate it if you don't need it. Plenty of important nonprofits feeling the hurt right now.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Does anyone know why this happens?
Mine said that, too, all three times I tried today. Funny because our 2019 refund was deposited today, too. I'll have to look at our AGI, although I don't think that is an issue for us.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019

LOL. I don't need it at all, but this is a country that believes corporations are people. I'm ******* keeping it.

Raiders70

Nov 18, 2015

people's definition of "needing it" will be vastly different. Low income workers who still have a job probably could use the help. It probably should have gone to people who actually lost jobs or were forced to close their business. I work in health care so I am gonna consider it hazard pay.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
people's definition of "needing it" will be vastly different. Low income workers who still have a job probably could use the help. It probably should have gone to people who actually lost jobs or were forced to close their business. I work in health care so I am gonna consider it hazard pay.
Agree. It's more a personal feeling of what you are comfortable with. My wife and I are still working full time (from home) and don't expect any decrease in income in the near future. There is zero reason for us to get a stimulus.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Nope. Everyone eligible is getting it.
Huh, I didn't know that. I can't imagine the government can actually force you to take it, tough. I mean, how does that work? Do they have a direct line to everyone's bank account to directly deposit it? Never thought I'd see the day where a government would force you to take money. Guess I'll find a way to donate it somewhere.