Caleb Grill Transferring

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I remember one game that Chris made a joke she responded with the eyeroll emoji

But I don't read too much into that, and I'm sure she knew it was all in fun.
I remember another one where CW had made a fire up the grill reference and she replied “F YEAH!!!!!” or something like that. So, I think she was just having fun and liked them.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Bolton's concussion was obvious? Curious where you received your medical training? Is it a concussion every time someone hits their head? Nobody doubts he had his bell rung but in your medical opinion it was a concussion from the start? I think you should contact the training staff to offer your independent diagnosis for all games.

Were you either (1) at the game or (2) did you watch that game?

cycub51

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2009
Somewhere Iowa
Hmmm. I'm pretty darned sure I heard and/or read he was under concussion protocol. But you're saying they hadn't done any of that. May I ask how you know that?

during the game he was barely examined. He must continued to have more symptoms the following days. It was handled properly after the game I would guess. It was not handled correctly during the game.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Vic has been here through multiple coaching changes and remains one of the best head trainers in the country. Anyone taking shots at him and the rest of the training staff is uninformed of how the MRI process works. X-Rays will always be taken first in a scenario like this, and if the X-Ray is negative and the player isn't complaining of pain, there's no reason to take an MRI.

Reactions: JP4CY

IP Guy

Jun 16, 2007
Bolton's concussion was obvious? Curious where you received your medical training? Is it a concussion every time someone hits their head? Nobody doubts he had his bell rung but in your medical opinion it was a concussion from the start? I think you should contact the training staff to offer your independent diagnosis for all games.

So, I'm not commenting on the relevant issue, which is whether they followed the protocol or not. I have no idea on that, and that is what matters.

However, I am a HS coach, and we have to take a fair amount of concussion protocol training each year. I was in the lower level, and my daughter is a huge Ra fan (i.e., we pay a little closer attention to him than most fans).

We'll just say that I was surprised he came back in after hearing and seeing it live. I was not surprised that he didn't play in the B12 tournament.

Again, that doesn't mean they didn't follow the protocol and there weren't any additional symptoms indicating he should be held out. Symptoms can arise later, which may have been the case.

brycy

Apr 11, 2006
So, I'm not commenting on the relevant issue, which is whether they followed the protocol or not. I have no idea on that, and that is what matters.

However, I am a HS coach, and we have to take a fair amount of concussion protocol training each year. I was in the lower level, and my daughter is a huge Ra fan (i.e., we pay a little closer attention to him than most fans).

We'll just say that I was surprised he came back in after hearing and seeing it live. I was not surprised that he didn't play in the B12 tournament.

Again, that doesn't mean they didn't follow the protocol and there weren't any additional symptoms indicating he should be held out. Symptoms can arise later, which may have been the case.
I agree with you. Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the ref make him leave the game? You could tell from tv that he was dazed. Weren't we done around 10? Why did they put him back in with around a minute left? I am sure my memory is a little off, but I was shocked the staff didn't take him out and that they put him back in when the game was essentially over. Just seemed odd to me and I am not a Steve hater. I just thought common sense said leave him on the bench.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
I would have bet on Wichita State due to being close to home, but not surprised due to his relationship with TJ. I bet he does well there.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I would have bet on Wichita State due to being close to home, but not surprised due to his relationship with TJ. I bet he does well there.

Chances are he will transfer there only to see TJ leave after a year.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Not sure if that's the best move for Grill?

I think Creighton would have been a homerun place for him. A good team in a good conference that gets plenty of prime time TV in the east... and closer to home for parents.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Caleb is obviously comfortable with Otz. Wish he were still here because I think he's a great kid and will be a good player.
Wish him nothing but the best.

Help Support Us

Become a patron