Caleb Grill Transferring

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Nobody is lying here. They found the break/fracture on an MRI back home. They didn't go an MRI here. It's not like anyone thought he was playing injured including Grill and his family

I appreciate the difference between the MRI and X-ray; but it isn’t a great look. I still think the Bolton situation is by far the most egregious.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
From my own personal experience (broken my wrist twice, but definitely NOT a doctor), it’s not uncommon for some fractures to not show on x-rays until they’ve calcified - usually a couple of weeks later. This happened the first time I broke my wrist. I didn’t even have much swelling, but the doctor treated it conservatively and casted it for a couple of weeks as a precaution. Sure enough, after we took the cast off, he spotted a hairline fracture.

The second time I broke my wrist, it was really obvious and had to have surgery the next day, but that’s a different story.

Without any inside information, and going off of pure speculation, I’d imagine that Caleb fell on his wrist, x-rays came back negative so, being a tough kid, he gritted it out. Now that he’s gone back home and had it re-examined after its continued to hurt, they found a fracture. Considering he doesn’t need surgery and is only in a cast for 4 weeks, I’d imagine it’s pretty minor.

Sucks for him, and I can understand people questioning the staff, but these things do happen.
I'm just wondering why no MRI here at some point. How long after the x-ray did you get yours? I hope Caleb ends up fine after this, and I don't know what the sop would be for continued pain. My wife's fractured wrist was obvious as well.
For my finger joint surgery I needed to decide relatively quickly to avoid calcification causing difficulty, so it's fortunate caieb doesn't need surgery due to that also I'd think.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Somebody correct me if I'm mistaken. (LOL like you wouldn't)

1. Player bangs up his wrist.
2. Wrist Xrayed.
( if negative)
3. Medical staff evaluates
( if still in discomfort order MRI)

Just saying if the xray is negative the MRI is an automatic if the player is still in pain even if the pain could be attributed to ligament strain. Therefore if he played through pain and no MRI was done I'm wondering how forthcoming the player was about the extent of pain he was in.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Shayok didn't become a stud at Virginia so give it a rest.

That wasn't me taking a shot at Prohm at all. Caleb could have very well ended up being a stud here too. I'm just saying it would be our Cyclone luck for that to happen... that's all.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
That wasn't me taking a shot at Prohm at all. Caleb could have very well ended up being a stud here too. I'm just saying it would be our Cyclone luck for that to happen... that's all.

giphy.gif

spk123

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Des Moines
I'm just wondering why no MRI here at some point. How long after the x-ray did you get yours? I hope Caleb ends up fine after this, and I don't know what the sop would be for continued pain. My wife's fractured wrist was obvious as well.
For my finger joint surgery I needed to decide relatively quickly to avoid calcification causing difficulty, so it's fortunate caieb doesn't need surgery due to that also I'd think.
I never got an MRI for either injury. It wasn’t necessary and would’ve been expensive/overkill - they could afford to treat my more minor one conservatively (in a cast for 2-3 weeks even before it showed up on x-ray - but I wasn’t a D1 athlete wanting to play), then by the time it did show up, just cast it for another few weeks until it fully healed.

Reactions: simply1

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Because I’m not privy to the conversation that was had, or wasn’t had, between coaches and training staff.

Really? That is quite the admission for someone who leveled this:

Bolton concussion which was damn near criminal

.......considering all the injuries you stated from Hali to Grill to Nixon to Lewis, for you to single that incident.....by the players name..... would make one think you were privy to the goings on between staff and training staff.

Reactions: CyDude16

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Really? That is quite the admission for someone who leveled this:

.......considering all the injuries you stated from Hali to Grill to Nixon to Lewis, for you to single that incident.....by the players name..... would make one think you were privy to the goings on between staff and training staff.

It’s straight up on the training staff. Are you satisfied now. Or are you if the opinion that Halliburton looked good to go in the 2H against KSU. The 11K in attendance during Bolton’s injury could tell you he appeared concussed. He had concussion symptoms the next day but not at the time. Got it.

Last edited: