Hy-Vee-What's up?

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Replacing Market Grilles with Wahlburgers? I love it. I already get to hear the soothing sounds of Marky Mark's voice sipping his performance whey every time I walk through the health market aisles.

I welcome a total hostile takeover by our Wahlberg Overlords.

Just think, Jenny and our favorite New Kid will then become the wholesome family face of the Seasons catalog!

Reactions: cyfan21

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Is changing MG to Wahlburgers really change much? The boomers still can’t sit for hours yacking sipping the coffee.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Is changing MG to Wahlburgers really change much? The boomers still can’t sit for hours yacking sipping the coffee.

I was at a HyVee for breakfast this moring, some of which are boomers and beyond.

They're changing everything. And it seems like the customers and workers are not keen on it.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I don't when my wife will learn. It looks like they finally made the move back to shopping in the stores and now door dash is handling deliveries. The order was supposed to be at your house at 11-12. At 3 the groceries still weren't here and we didn't hear a thing. My wife called and they kind of blamed door dash. It finally arrived at 5pm. Of course the order was ****** up and there were 3 items missing that we were charged for but didn't get. The woman was very nice at hyvee but they've been messing up deliveries since day one.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
The curse of the Market Grille. Just an absolute bomb of an idea.

Oh You are Soooo Right JP4.....When they went Market Grille the hyvee near me went from filled to capacity to no one there.....A friend of mine whose daughter worked there said the breakfast crowd went from FULL to EMPTY ....BAD Decision

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
The Vee's new "I Need A Hero" commercial is pretty rockin! Not since Patrick Mahomes threw rolls at a dinner party have I been so enamored with a Hy-Vee spot.

In the words of the beautiful Ms. Bonnie Tyler, "I NEED A HERO!"

giphy.gif

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN

Seems like another desperate move by HyVee. They need to simplify. No one goes to the grocery store to buy clothes/shoes. I'm sure they get the occasional impulse buy, but I can't imagine this generates enough revenue to justify the square footage. If someone wants DSW shoes, they're going to DSW to view the full inventory, not an abbreviated version inside the HyVee.

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
What’s up with HyVee? Walmart! That’s what’s up with HyVee...

Wal-Mart has been around a long time and doesn't appeal to the same type of customer that Aldi/Whole Foods/Sprouts etc etc appeal too. Hy-Vee tried to play in that space and got railroaded.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron