Hawkmi

Oct 9, 2013
This guys Twitter is on fire

Meanwhile in Ames
I15w4.gif

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
Would Toppin average more PTs/game if he was allowed to take as many FGA as garza?

Also I am assuming Toppin is considered way better defensive player than garza, which may not be saying much... that correct?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It doesn't surprise me at all that some of these Iowa players are taking to Twitter to acknowledge their displeasure. The McCaffery brothers did this in high school when Mr. Basketball was announced..

Also, trying to use PPG as a measurement to why someone is better than the other isn't valid, otherwise the MVP would go to the scoring champion in the NBA. This award goes to the best player in college basketball and using the eye test and a variety of other things, it was clear that Luka and Obi were the best players in CBB all year long. At that point I think it was a toss up and the voters went with Obi.

Iowa fans using Dayton's schedule as a crutch is stupid because if you ever argue their schedule in a sport against them their excuse is "well we don't get to choose our opponents". So no, you don't get to use that argument to diminish Dayton / Toppin here. Iowa also didn't exactly take care of business all year as they did lose to a couple of mediocre teams. Dayton's two losses all year long came to KU in OT in the Maui Invitational and Colorado by 2 on a neutral court in Chicago. Arguing whether or not Dayton or Obi were actually good would be like trying to say Gonzaga isn't good. If you watched Dayton at all this year you could clearly see they were legit.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
It doesn't surprise me at all that some of these Iowa players are taking to Twitter to acknowledge their displeasure. The McCaffery brothers did this in high school when Mr. Basketball was announced..

Also, trying to use PPG as a measurement to why someone is better than the other isn't valid, otherwise the MVP would go to the scoring champion in the NBA. This award goes to the best player in college basketball and using the eye test and a variety of other things, it was clear that Luka and Obi were the best players in CBB all year long. At that point I think it was a toss up and the voters went with Obi.

Iowa fans using Dayton's schedule as a crutch is stupid because if you ever argue their schedule in a sport against them their excuse is "well we don't get to choose our opponents". So no, you don't get to use that argument to diminish Dayton / Toppin here. Iowa also didn't exactly take care of business all year as they did lose to a couple of mediocre teams. Dayton's two losses all year long came to KU in OT in the Maui Invitational and Colorado by 2 on a neutral court in Chicago. Arguing whether or not Dayton or Obi were actually good would be like trying to say Gonzaga isn't good. If you watched Dayton at all this year you could clearly see they were legit.

None of that matters, the babies gotta cry.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Wondering if Frank is sending Thank You tweets to Tillman and Oturu for turning pro?

Frank is the second coming of LaVar Ball!!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron