Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I think this is the case for most things. When do we know it's OK to go out and sit down in a cafe? When can we feel safe even going to the bank? Or buying shoes?
The thing is, you could walk into a cafe, store, bank, etc and there could be 10 people in there that are all carriers. And yet IF all of you followed proper protocols your chance of contracting it are near zero. The chance of everybody doing that is also near zero.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I actually think those of us working remote and able to do so are the last ones we should bring back online. Once daycares open back up.....those of us with kids can stay home another 3 weeks to let it run through our houses without spreading it all through the office too.
This. I have zero desire to send my kids back to school/daycare for a while. Sending them back in the next two weeks seems like a good way to make all of this isolation be for naught.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I have noticed that he is still there, but has been replaced by Dr. Bix, get the feeling her line of thinking is more inline with the president on this matter. I hope she is correct with her Hot Spot idea, because if she is wrong, this will prolong the virus for months.

Saw the flu comparison was used as an example of something we don't shut the country down for, so the Hot Spot idea is probably also really ****ing stupid.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Planning on sheltering and social distance pretty much longer term. Those you meet and socialize with, you are buying their safety and history of contacts. Kind of like how you buy your sexual partner’s history without any of the testing or the knowledge that you can be safe. Plus abstinence will not keep you safe. And just introducing yourself and getting close to a person can be a matter of life and death. Eventually there will be a vaccine. But it will be longer than most people think.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
What is the point of Reynolds having a press conference today? She gave absolutely no new information other than the most recent numbers.

• Agree
Reactions: Final42b

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The thing is, you could walk into a cafe, store, bank, etc and there could be 10 people in there that are all carriers. And yet IF all of you followed proper protocols your chance of contracting it are near zero. The chance of everybody doing that is also near zero.

Right, which makes Easter a very stupid goal for wanting to get back to normal.

• Agree
Reactions: Waukee4Cy

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
What is the point of Reynolds having a press conference today? She gave absolutely no new information other than the most recent numbers.

Was just thinking that same thing.

Thanks for holding a press conference and thanking people you normally thank!

Trice

Apr 1, 2010

This is the case almost every day if you've watched them. Updated stats, then a few questions from reporters, all of which she filibusters without answering, before her communications staff cuts it off.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

Probably so half the people in this state won't ***** about her not having a press conference. Also, the media wants to ask a bunch of dumb/repetitive questions so you have to satisfy them. There isn't much to say other than stay the f@#k home and see how this plays out.

Also, (and this is not a response to your post) just because Trump wants to get things rolling by Easter doesn't mean that it will happen. It's a goal, not a promise. If things haven't improved I'm guessing the federal gov't won't tell people to "re-open" the nation.

Lets hope this malaria medication works as well as they think it will.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Probably so half the people in this state won't ***** about her not having a press conference. Also, the media wants to ask a bunch of dumb/repetitive questions so you have to satisfy them. There isn't much to say other than stay the f@#k home and see how this plays out.

Also, (and this is not a response to your post) just because Trump wants to get things rolling by Easter doesn't mean that it will happen. It's a goal, not a promise. If things haven't improved I'm guessing the federal gov't won't tell people to "re-open" the nation.

I think even talking about it starts to get people to 'loosen up' too soon on the approach of a date just 3 weeks from now.

A goal to open things up by something like Memorial Day, but 'hang tight, we're going to work on a plan and response to various measures' as the message would have been more realistic and direct.

People will hear what was said, and already start with 'well, it sounds like it's going to be gone by Easter,' and take this less seriously.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
To me, her having these daily updates means she's ready to change her stance immediately once things start getting bad. Today could be the same as yesterday but tomorrow could be completely different if the data continues to change (which it will). I admire she's constantly updating us but if the cases continue to rise and deaths rise as well (which will also happen) while she gives the same lecture about washing hands and staying away from one another, I'm not going to be too happy.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

Trump never shut anything down. He cannot order the country open now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron