This is why Prohm must go........

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
If he goes 7-11 in conference and is retained I'll be the most annoying person on this board. Total up all the trolls on CF and I'd be worse.

I could live with and even be quite happy with 7-11, if the team looked coherent, disciplined, and well-coached. For me personally, wrt CSP performance, the record next year is much less important than if the team looks organized.

But if it's the SSDD:
-trouble inbounding the ball
-poor rebounding
-lost on offense
-no identity
-roster mismanagement
-et al

Then I don't care if they go 13-5. It just means they are once again underperforming...

For the record, I am anticipating SSDD.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
Oh, I don’t know... Johnny Orr built a program from nothing and took it to new heights. That certainly buys a lot. Contrast that with Prohm who took a strong program and has led it down to where it is today.

Context always matters. These two situations did not occur in a vacuum.

I don't want to minimize what Johnny did for ISU. I grew up watching Johnny, and your are right that he started to build something and he brought a lot of excitement to ISU basketball, but other than McDoormat he has the lowest winning percentage in the last 40 years, and he only got 50% or better 4 times in conference in his 14 years. Now that wouldn't be acceptable today, and I get it, we are in a completely different place in large part to the foundation he laid but the 1989-90 season very closely mirrors what this year was like though the unexpected loss of some players occurred in a different way. And also similarly in 91-92 season he had some freshmen come in and really help to build that foundation for years to come. All I am saying is Steve gets another year to show some good tangible improvement.

I also want to add that in no way is Prohm's style of basketball as fun to watch as Orr's was and Prohm's teams look way less disciplined than Orr's did and I think that is a major problem and are some of the areas I want to see improvement in.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Snydes

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
The only way this is true is if CSP is looking elsewhere. There is a 0% chance JP lets a coach go that has made the NCAA tournament 3 out of the last 4 years.
3 out of 5.

Only chance JP may cut ties early is that supposedly Prohm wasn't really "his" guy.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
The only way this is true is if CSP is looking elsewhere. There is a 0% chance JP is willing to pay the buyout for a coach that he prematurely extended following last season.

FIFY...has nothing to do with how he perceives Prohm as a coach. It's about money and his ego.

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
I could live with and even be quite happy with 7-11, if the team looked coherent, disciplined, and well-coached. For me personally, wrt CSP performance, the record next year is much less important than if the team looks organized.

But if it's the SSDD:
-trouble inbounding the ball
-poor rebounding
-lost on offense
-no identity
-roster mismanagement
-et al

Then I don't care if they go 13-5. It just means they are once again underperforming...

For the record, I am anticipating SSDD.
Totally agree my friend!

Just give me a season of competent play, even if overmatched at times, and obvious displays of having the advantage in coaching. If the young roster prevents that from meaning a Tournament berth, so be it, but at least then we’d feel better going forward!

• Agree
Reactions: xboxfever

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
So we gonna turn this into a $hit on Prohm and Pollard thread now?

You're in a thread titled "this is why Prohm must go", seems like you should know what you're in for when you clicked on it. But props to level headed folks like you and Cat, fighting the good fight.

• Winner
Reactions: CloneFan4

cycjob

Oct 10, 2014
Did you realize Bolton didn’t play? Of course they got beat.
Not being on TV had nothing to do with Bolton. The teams playing on Saturday were completely irrelevant. TV schedules games on ratings and who would pay to watch ISU at this point.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Does anyone want to bring up how poor Texas Tech has been down the stretch and the fact that they might miss the tournament if they end up losing to Texas? They've lost 4 in a row, 5 out of their last 7 including games to Texas, OU, and Oklahoma State..

Texas Tech lost like 5 starters and plays 80% freshman and sophomores. And will make the tournament. So comparing them to us where we get last place or second to last place during a turnover year is probably not the best.

Sad to say but Texas Tech is what we should aspire to be. Or should they have no expectations either because historically they are a bad program?

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Not being on TV had nothing to do with Bolton. The teams playing on Saturday were completely irrelevant. TV schedules games on ratings and who would pay to watch ISU at this point.

I don’t you quite understand how the tv schedule works.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
The only way this is true is if CSP is looking elsewhere. There is a 0% chance JP lets a coach go that has made the NCAA tournament 3 out of the last 4 years.

Uh... I agree that would’ve true, but Prohm has only made it 2 out of 4 and 1 out of 3. And the two down years were disasters

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Totally agree my friend!

Just give me a season of competent play, even if overmatched at times, and obvious displays of having the advantage in coaching. If the young roster prevents that from meaning a Tournament berth, so be it, but at least then we’d feel better going forward!

God you have very low expectations. Just be somewhat competent and no success needed - in Year 6? Can’t agree with this.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyfanisu

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron