***Big 12 Wrestling Thread***

Boxer007

Aug 15, 2012
I can’t see Adams winning a title this year. I know he’s ranked #1 but I see him more of a 4-6 kinda guy. I‘ll be rooting for Sloan to reach to podium.

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
Anyone else still fired up?!?!?
I am fired up, and will be for a while. Really pumped for Straw and Parker. Both those guys worked so hard and gave their all. To me they are what hard work and toughness mean to the sport. There were moments when I thought that Straw was ready to pack it in, but he just kept fighting back. And Parker's win over Demas - fantastic. He did all the right things and finally turned that corner, wrestling really smart against Demas. Yeah, I am pumped up.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Schwab named B12 Coach of the Year. Yeah they beat OSU in their dual, but what else? They are the 3rd best team in the conference.
Yeah, that’s a joke. Nothing against Schwab but just doesn’t make sense.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Overall pretty solid tourney

125- love the way Mackall wrestled. Pushed the pace and made Picc work for it. First period takedown was flukey and Mackall looks to be peaking at the right time.

133- tough tournament for Todd. Lucky that 133 went to chalk at every other tournament. But, Todd still has a ton of potential and can make some noise in Minneapolis

141- hell yes Ian Parker! Way to battle and continue to grind out matches. Love watching this kid compete. He has made a huge jump from soph to junior year and is in position to AA. Never count this kid out.

149- as stated in an earlier post, Degen is quickly becoming one of my all time favs. Beat a very good Alierez 2 times with one shoulder, and competed really hard with Boo. Great tournament from Jarrett and just hope that shoulder can hold on for one more dance

157- thoughts stated earlier in this thread. Gutsy performance. Get healthy and go get that title Mr. Carr

165- Mr. Tulsa himself. Hell yes Chase! Kid grinded his way to a qualifier spot and never gave up. Regardless of what happens in Minneapolis, thank you for being a cyclone Chase

174- won a couple of matches against good wrestlers, and should’ve been a finalist. Just really hope he’s healthy

184- proud of Marcus for earning the bid. Still room to improve, but he’s got potential. Hoping we can see a soph to junior jump with him that we saw with Ian

197- Joel gave it his all every match. Hit the weights hard and keep training

hwt- I still like Gremmels chances to AA. He should’ve beat that Wyoming kid. He will have a good tournament in Minneapolis. You heard it here first

overall- main disappointment was lack of bonus points and Todd. But hard to be upset with the way the boys competed this weekend. On to Minnesota!

Last edited:

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
Overall pretty solid tourney

125- love the way Mackall wrestled. Pushed the pace and made Picc work for it. First period takedown was flukey and Mackall looks to be peaking at the right time.

133- tough tournament for Todd. Lucky that 133 went to chalk at every other tournament. But, Todd still has a ton of potential and can make some noise in Minneapolis

141- hell yes Ian Parker! Way to battle and continue to grind out matches. Love watching this kid compete. He has made a huge jump from soph to junior year and is in position to AA. Never count this kid out.

149- as stated in an earlier post, Degen is quickly becoming one of my all time favs. Beat a very good Alierez 2 times with one shoulder, and competed really hard with Boo. Great tournament from Jarrett and just hope that shoulder can hold on for one more dance

157- thoughts stated earlier in this thread. Gutsy performance. Get healthy and go get that title Mr. Carr

165- Mr. Tulsa himself. Hell yes Chase! Kid grinded his way to a qualifier spot and never gave up. Regardless of what happens in Minneapolis, thank you for being a cyclone Chase

174- won a couple of matches against good wrestlers, and should’ve been a finalist. Just really hope he’s healthy

184- proud of Marcus for earning the bid. Still room to improve, but he’s got potential. Hoping we can see a soph to junior jump with him that we saw with Ian

197- Joel gave it his all every match. Hit the weights hard and keep training

hwt- I still like Gremmels chances to AA. He should’ve beat that Wyoming kid. He will have a good tournament in Minneapolis. You heard it here first

overall- main disappointment was lack of bonus points and Todd. But hard to be upset with the way the boys competed this weekend. On to Minnesota!

Good summary. Really happy for Ian Parker. Guy just grinds. Other than a couple of minor things, he wrestled damn near a perfect tournament from a technical standpoint.

Happy for David too, but in a different way. This is just the tip of the iceberg for him. He’s special.

Help Support Us

Become a patron