***Big 12 Wrestling Thread***

csteve

Feb 11, 2011
I assume at this point it's like jamming a finger to him.. Good lord he is one tough SOB
I am curious how similar it is to my high school and college injury. I had chronic dislocation and every time it popped out, my arm down to my fingers went completely numb for a good several minutes. Not a fun injury to wrestle with! Surgery and a lack of 100% effort to rehab properly put an end to my short college career. Degen's apparently tougher and obviously much more committed than I was though. Hope he finds good success at Nats this year, can heal properly in the off-season, and come back for a high place on the podium next year!

• Agree
Reactions: Cytasticlone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Haven't seen the above posted yet, but the legend of Degen grows.

Holy crap. Man, I’m excited to see what he can do in a week but my god, if that kid can get 100% this off season, he’s gonna be a nightmare at 149 next year.

• Agree
Reactions: stuclone

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Pretty sure Degen's shoulder popped out in the Gaxiola (Fresno State) match. 1st period on the edge. Then he pinned him in the 2nd.
I thought I saw it go out and then Degen paused for a moment and did something to get it back in and went back to wrestling. I think the ref went up to him and asked if he was alright or need injury time and he nod he was ok.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Pretty sure Degen's shoulder popped out in the Gaxiola (Fresno State) match. 1st period on the edge. Then he pinned him in the 2nd.
I thought I saw it go out and then Degen paused for a moment and did something to get it back in and went back to wrestling. I think the ref went up to him and asked if he was alright or need injury time and he nod he was ok.

Yep saw that happen. You could see his arm dangling, he moved it to the side and popped it back in. It's amazing how dangerous he still is with one shoulder. Heck he had Boo on the ropes until he got caught, and Boo is a legitimate title contender.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I went back and watched the Gaxiola match and I am not sure if it was that match or the 2nd Allirez match. They are hard to find when you don't have the mat numbers

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Damn you, that was my response if anyone questioned who else was worthy. 3 finalists out of SDSU was impressive.
The fact that Pohlmeyer and Sloan are Iowa kids is a shame. Tanner looks like he is not even close to a final NCAA body for wrestling. I think he wins 1-2 titles in the future, and will get Adams in about a year if he trains appropriately. Watching him handle Shapiro made me sad to say the least.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Yep saw that happen. You could see his arm dangling, he moved it to the side and popped it back in. It's amazing how dangerous he still is with one shoulder. Heck he had Boo on the ropes until he got caught, and Boo is a legitimate title contender.
149 feels open but I think its less so than believed. I think people forget about Kolodzik at that weight.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
I went back and watched the Gaxiola match and I am not sure if it was that match or the 2nd Allirez match. They are hard to find when you don't have the mat numbers

Found the 2nd Allirez match. I think it happen with 30 seconds left in the 1st period of that match.

Crazyape22

Feb 22, 2019
He was hurting in the 1st match. Against Boo, he said it only slid out once & went right back in. He will never admit how much pain he really is in or not. And honestly don't blame him. I think it was the Fresno kid that kept hitting his face (he has a nice mark on his nose) & his shoulder. Jarrett finally got him back with that good hard smack, but also gave him a point for it. Hope he has it in him to finish well at NCAA. Again, his mind set is in a very good place.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
He was hurting in the 1st match. Against Boo, he said it only slid out once & went right back in. He will never admit how much pain he really is in or not. And honestly don't blame him. I think it was the Fresno kid that kept hitting his face (he has a nice mark on his nose) & his shoulder. Jarrett finally got him back with that good hard smack, but also gave him a point for it. Hope he has it in him to finish well at NCAA. Again, his mind set is in a very good place.

That was in the first Allirez match. I didn't see much of a retaliation from Degen, but the refs talked and awarded a point to Allirez to make it 4-3 Degen in the 3rd

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron