KU Challenging NCAA

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
"The Jayhawks' statement goes on to say, "The University formally challenges each of the men's basketball related allegations in the Amended Notice of Allegations ("ANOA") as neither NCAA legislation nor the facts support the enforcement staff's allegations."

Specifically, the university and Self dispute that Adidas or its employees were acting as boosters for the program." hippo.jpg

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Aug 2017:
"....
“I’m happy with adidas,” Self replied. “Just got to get a couple real guys.” “In my mind it’s KU bill self . . . that’s what’s right for adidas Basketball . . . the more you win, have lottery pics. And you happy,” Gassnola wrote. “I promise you. I got this, I have never let you down Except (Dyondre) lol.”

• Winner
Reactions: Prone2Clone

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Summary of KU's attorneys' statement: "Victims...blah blah blah comma blah blah blah comma blah blah blah comma,,,,,

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: Lineup and Go2Guy

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
April 2018. Zion Williamson verballed to KU, but during the summer suddenly switched to Dook.

"...
Kansas assistant coach Kurtis Townsend discussed the financial requests of a recruit’s family during a phone call with one of the defendants in the Adidas college basketball corruption trial, according to a defense argument made in court Tuesday.

The phone call concerns the family of Zion Williamson. Moore told Kaplan “In this call between Mr. Code and Mr. Townsend, Mr. Townsend says ... ‘Hey, but between me and you, you know, he asked about some stuff. You know? And I said, well, we’ll talk about that you decide.’

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
giphy.webp

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I fully expect KU gets nothing but a slap on the wrist in the end because that's typically what happens when it involves big name schools or players. Just look at how Sean Miller was involved in wire taps discussing payment for Deandre Ayton and he still is coaching at Arizona and I don't believe any sanctions or punishments have been dished out to them for that either. Programs have probably been dishing out improper benefits or recruiting tactics outside of the set guidelines for years and some are probably just better and hiding it than others unfortunately. There is no doubt in my mind Self is just as dirty of a recruiter as Calapari, Pitino, Roy, Miller, etc. and this Adidas investigation has finally uncovered some of this dirty activity.

Still curious to see if Self bolts to the NBA after this season because I think that would signal there is more than just some smoke behind this situation.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
April 2018. Zion Williamson verballed to KU, but during the summer suddenly switched to Dook.

"...
Kansas assistant coach Kurtis Townsend discussed the financial requests of a recruit’s family during a phone call with one of the defendants in the Adidas college basketball corruption trial, according to a defense argument made in court Tuesday.

The phone call concerns the family of Zion Williamson. Moore told Kaplan “In this call between Mr. Code and Mr. Townsend, Mr. Townsend says ... ‘Hey, but between me and you, you know, he asked about some stuff. You know? And I said, well, we’ll talk about that you decide.’

Zion never committed to KU.

• Winner
Reactions: randomfan44

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I am reading the response by KU and it is pretty good so far. You can tell they have some good attorney's working on it. Also can tell the NCAA didn't do a good job in their notice of allegations.

• Agree
Reactions: Pat

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
If the FBI and NCAA ever want to be taken seriously, it's time to put their foot down. Punishing a blueblood will finally get their point across. KU has earned it and it's time to make an example.

What are rules for, if they are not enforced?

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
I am reading the response by KU and it is pretty good so far. You can tell they have some good attorney's working on it. Also can tell the NCAA didn't do a good job in their notice of allegations.

The response elides the fact that KU coaches were actively participating, which, you know, I’d do too if I were defending them. The argument that you can’t consider sponsor employees to be boosters is a compelling one. Hopefully getting a bunch of expensive lawyers involved will help protect the sanctity of amateur athletics...

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
If the FBI and NCAA ever want to be taken seriously, it's time to put their foot down. Punishing a blueblood will finally get their point across. KU has earned it and it's time to make an example.

What are rules for, if they are not enforced?

Sadly rules and laws are for keeping the plebes in order not the kings or rulers.

• Winner
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
The response elides the fact that KU coaches were actively participating, which, you know, I’d do too if I were defending them. The argument that you can’t consider sponsor employees to be boosters is a compelling one. Hopefully getting a bunch of expensive lawyers involved will help protect the sanctity of amateur athletics...

From the beginning I thought the NCAA was reaching on the corporate sponsors are boosters because of the problems it would raise if that were true. That would mean that any gear, event etc. that a player got or attended from Nike Adidas etc would make them ineligible and would mean that an institution would face punishment if a Nike kid went to a Nike school. For example, Wigginton played on a Nike team and attended Nike sponsored events. If Nike is a booster of Iowa State due to the sole fact they are corporate sponsor, that would mean that an ISU booster provided impermissible benefits to Wigginton and he would be ineligible regardless of whether Prohm or ISU had anything to do with it. Now, that is a good way to try and eliminate shoe companies from influence but it isn't currently part of the rules as written.

• Winner
Reactions: randomfan44

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
.... There is no doubt in my mind Self is just as dirty of a recruiter as Calapari, Pitino, Roy, Miller, etc. and this Adidas investigation has finally uncovered some of this dirty activity.
Still curious to see if Self bolts to the NBA after this season because I think that would
signal there is more than just some smoke behind this situation.

Agree. The 'etc.' would include Coach K.

With this season most likely being Pops last, it will be interesting to see if Self bolts to join his buddy owner in San Antonio.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Aug 2017:
"....
“I’m happy with adidas,” Self replied. “Just got to get a couple real guys.” “In my mind it’s KU bill self . . . that’s what’s right for adidas Basketball . . . the more you win, have lottery pics. And you happy,” Gassnola wrote. “I promise you. I got this, I have never let you down Except (Dyondre) lol.”
This is simple enough, not sure this can be erased but yet Sean Miller is still coaching at UA, LSU still has their coach and Roy Williams and UNC saw nothing happen. Complete and total joke.

Help Support Us

Become a patron