*** Official West Virginia Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I see this thread is a real **** show tonight.

for the first time all year, we actually came back from a deficit. Nixon who has taken too much crap on here was great and that kid looked devastated after the game. Conditt was devastated.

this team isn’t good and they are tired and hurt. Bolton is hurt. Jacobson probably can’t go Saturday. But with the exception of TT, they’ve fought hard. I was proud of the players and coaches tonight.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
Way to support him. These players deserve way better than this nonsense.
Then maybe we should give the players a coach who can set them up for success. Still need 2 more wins to match McDermott's lowest win total.

What is nonsense is us needing an unreal shooting day from a 23 percent 3 point shooter to not get blown away at home by a sub 500 conference record opponent on senior night. What is nonsense is getting 2 pts from our bench.

Speaking of nonsense, ESPN app hadn't loaded the game up yet. Anyone know we we used our 1st timeout 45 seconds into the game?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Then maybe we should give the players a coach who can set them up for success. Still need 2 more wins to match McDermott's lowest win total.

What is nonsense is us needing an unreal shooting day from a 23 percent 3 point shooter to not get blown away at home by a sub 500 conference record opponent on senior night. What is nonsense is getting 2 pts from our bench.

Speaking of nonsense, ESPN app hadn't loaded the game up yet. Anyone know we we used our 1st timeout 45 seconds into the game?

you are ******** and didn’t even watch the game. Screw you.

we took the timeout because we gave up 2 easy baskets.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Please look at my post. I’ve never said anything bad about the players. Yeah sure, I have said negative things about Prohm. He’s also getting paid millions while not being good at his job.

Quit making **** up you imbecile. You are the worst.

Please look at my post. I’ve never said anything bad about the players. Yeah sure, I have said negative things about Prohm. He’s also getting paid millions while not being good at his job.

Quit making **** up you imbecile. You are the worst.

Except for all the times you ripped on the players. Prentiss has been a favorite of yours.

I get it. you’re not honest or candid enough to admit your truth.

but you really have no space in the galaxy to call another living soul an “imbecile.”

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
People too sensitive on senior night to handle criticism after yet another loss. Kids didn't give up though, which shows their character after what's been a very tough year. I hope they use the disappointment to fuel their effort to get better in the off season.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
you are ******** and didn’t even watch the game. Screw you.

we took the timeout because we gave up 2 easy baskets.
I watched the game. The ESPN app just didn't have the game listed until about 1 minute in. I got it turned on and the score was 0-4 and then Solomon young scored our first points. I even asked in the game thread why we used the timeout already, and no one answered. Post 41 of the thread. Glad to see we came prepared.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
People too sensitive on senior night to handle criticism after yet another loss. Kids didn't give up though, which shows their character after what's been a very tough year. I hope they use the disappointment to fuel their effort to get better in the off season.
It was encouraging to see their effort and heart, although I think giving effort of the level they showed tonight should be expected all season, which I'm sure the coaches would agree.i think if they showed this kind of effort on more than just senior night they would have a few more wins, or at the very least a few less blow out losses. This is the toughness Prohm has been talking about all year. Hopefully it will rub off to next years team.

unless prohms offense is based on running down and jacking up a contested shot without any passing, the players aren't above criticism. I think none of the prohm defenders on here would say that prohm has designed an offense so terrible it boils down to Sprint down floor and jack up first shot within 30 feet of basket. However, prohm never corrected Nixon's offense issues, so I guess it is on him also. Maybe this game is how he envisioned all of Nixon's games going.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Just gotta believe.

source.gif

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Much respect. That was an easy one for the guys to quit and they didn't.
Moral victories stink, but gotta respect the effort in this one.

They've shown some nice effort the last few weeks at times. It's just tough when it's an uphill battle from the start.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
What was up with the West Virginia fan in the balcony of the east student section? He was a giant feminine hygiene wash.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Except for all the times you ripped on the players. Prentiss has been a favorite of yours.

I get it. you’re not honest or candid enough to admit your truth.

but you really have no space in the galaxy to call another living soul an “imbecile.”

Again, quit making **** up. I literally have post history. Go look. I haven’t.

I know your are kind of dense and get in fights with a lot of people, so I’m sure you’re just misremembering.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Again, quit making **** up. I literally have post history. Go look. I haven’t.

I know your are kind of dense and get in fights with a lot of people, so I’m sure you’re just misremembering.

I don’t know your history but I read like three pages of this thread and you were being a bit of a jerk. I’m sorry your feelings were hurt by being called out.

• Winner
Reactions: HoustonClone

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
I don’t know your history but I read like three pages of this thread and you were being a bit of a jerk. I’m sorry your feelings were hurt by being called out.

Not really. Only person I’ve probably been a jerk to is cat but idgaf. He’s a douche.

But thanks for your concern, bud.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Come on, I can't be the only one that saw that big, goofy bastard in the bright yellow West Virginia t-shirt. He kept yelling during Iowa State free throws. He started taunting and flipping off Iowa State fans near the end.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It was encouraging to see their effort and heart, although I think giving effort of the level they showed tonight should be expected all season, which I'm sure the coaches would agree.i think if they showed this kind of effort on more than just senior night they would have a few more wins, or at the very least a few less blow out losses. This is the toughness Prohm has been talking about all year. Hopefully it will rub off to next years team.

unless prohms offense is based on running down and jacking up a contested shot without any passing, the players aren't above criticism. I think none of the prohm defenders on here would say that prohm has designed an offense so terrible it boils down to Sprint down floor and jack up first shot within 30 feet of basket. However, prohm never corrected Nixon's offense issues, so I guess it is on him also. Maybe this game is how he envisioned all of Nixon's games going.
We're ranked #45 on offense in the country per KenPom.. It's not as bad as you're making it, especially since we play in one of the best, if not the best defensive conference in the country. We play 3 guards who are 6'3" or smaller, a 6'4" freshman shooting guard who can't shoot yet, and 3 centers (2 of them undersized). Tell me, what would you do as the coach on offense with that lineup?

Blame the roster on Prohm. Blame him for not being able to pick up the pieces after guys leaving early and not having a plan in place, but you can't honestly sit here and objectively think this team should be a lot better than they are. Should they have 1-2 maybe 3 more wins? Probably, but we're a below average team who lost a leader, the best player on the team, and a future lottery pick.

Cycl1

Mar 14, 2012
North Liberty
We're ranked #45 on offense in the country per KenPom.. It's not as bad as you're making it, especially since we play in one of the best, if not the best defensive conference in the country. We play 3 guards who are 6'3" or smaller, a 6'4" freshman shooting guard who can't shoot yet, and 3 centers (2 of them undersized). Tell me, what would you do as the coach on offense with that lineup?

Blame the roster on Prohm. Blame him for not being able to pick up the pieces after guys leaving early and not having a plan in place, but you can't honestly sit here and objectively think this team should be a lot better than they are. Should they have 1-2 maybe 3 more wins? Probably, but we're a below average team who lost a leader, the best player on the team, and a future lottery pick.
You think the least efficient high usage player we have had in 20+ years is above criticism? He is a 35 percent shooter who take over 9 shots per game. The only player close to him is a freshman Diante Garrett. Sure tho, overall I blame prohm for this disaster of a season. The players are just a part of that. How many times do we call out prohm because we can't even inbound the ball only to be told the players aren't executing?

• Agree
Reactions: BigD

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You think the least efficient high usage player we have had in 20+ years is above criticism? He is a 35 percent shooter who take over 9 shots per game. The only player close to him is a freshman Diante Garrett. Sure tho, overall I blame prohm for this disaster of a season. The players are just a part of that. How many times do we call out prohm because we can't even inbound the ball only to be told the players aren't executing?
Yeah the Nixon thing is definitely a head scratcher, but let's go back a little bit. Nixon has played poorly all year long there's no doubt about that, but what was the answer to this problem? Jackson and Grill were both freshman and were in over their heads at the beginning of the year, Griffin is terrible on both ends of the floor, and Lewis can't guard his shadow. There was not an immediate fix for Steve because he had no other viable options, which again is still Steve's fault.

When Tre Jackson finally looked like he was getting the hang of things, Steve was going to place him in the starting 5, but Tre broke his nose so.. back to Nixon. That was the Auburn game. Tre came back wearing a mask and took a step back from how he'd been playing the previous games before his broken nose, which makes sense. 3 games later, Halliburton breaks his wrist. So again, back to Prentiss.

Prohm's hands have been tied this year because of the roster he assembled. He's had to live with Prentiss doing Prentiss things at times but he's the best of the worse in my opinion. If this were any other year that type of stuff wouldn't be able to fly but there was truly no other option.

• Agree
Reactions: tim_redd and Cyclad

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Our margin of error is just razor thin. I think it was the most locked in I've seen them for some time. The effort was there. What was most disappointing to me is after we made our run and got our lead our shot selection went straight downhill. We didn't get out in transition and didn't look to play inside out.

The problem all year is the other team gets way better shots than we do. Occasionally we hit some tough shots and stay in the game, but it's just not sustainable.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: brycy and Snydes

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron