*** Official IOWA STATE vs Oklahoma State Game(Day) Thread ***

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
We'll lose to WVa on Tues; I'm just hoping we can win @KSt next Sat, but it seems this season deserves a loss to the last place team
Yeah I don't think we win this week. We can maaaybe win the best of 3 rubber match with osu on March 11th, but I won't be expecting it

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Nixon is an absolute train wreck and never comes out. Solomon young is clearly our best player and sits the majority of the 2nd half. Terrance lewis hasn't played a minute in 3 consecutive halves and then plays the majority of the 2nd half. At this point I'm beginning to wonder if playing time is determined by lottery each half.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
11 pages...I forgot they played today even since I had a baby shark outing. Glad I missed another Prohm debacle.

• Dislike
Reactions: JimDogRock

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
I can’t really tell if prohm thinks he is throwing the other team off with all of his bad line up changes.. all it seems to do is cause and already inconsistent team have no chance at any consistency. Bolton hit a three first half immediately got benched. After a few bad post ups solo finishes with a strong move the play before that and goes to the bench after.. just head scratchers

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
The 3 pt chucks continue to be a problem. Solo having a good season. Only critisism I have with him is his tendency to windmill a 270 degree hook shot. Get your footwork together and do a standard 180 degree shot.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
The 3 pt chucks continue to be a problem. Solo having a good season. Only critisism I have with him is his tendency to windmill a 270 degree hook shot. Get your footwork together and do a standard 180 degree shot.
Could he be doing that intentionally to avoid his shot being blocked? He's not taller than his opponent normally

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Come on guys. I mean, remember how bad Matt Thomas and Naz Long were as freshman and sophomores? And then Prohm magically turned them into legends. He will do the same with these guys.. Just wait another 2 or 3 years and we'll be back in the tourney. Remember how bad we were with McDermott? What a bunch of haters.
And we know McDermott can't coach, right?

• Funny
Reactions: CyBobby

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
No one on this team gets you excited for next year

My hot take is that if Bolton can learn to make better decisions next year Jackson will be the most improved player from the open shots that Bolton can create.

blutarsky

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2010
St. Paul, MN
My hot take is that if Bolton can learn to make better decisions next year Jackson will be the most improved player from the open shots that Bolton can create.
Bolton forced two post entry passes from beyond the 3 line to Young. Both resulted in turnovers. You’d think he’d learn after the first attempt. Don’t hold your breath on development.

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82 and BigD

ClonesFTW

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
Is Nixon the biggest chucker in Iowa State history. He has to be getting
Close to the most missed shots in the history of Iowa State during one season. He just keeps chucking it

He has thee worst FG percentage (33.8%) of any player in the last 20 years who played a significant role (150+ shots). The only player I found that even came close was Diante Garrett’s freshman year, 191 shots at 35%.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Johnny had one season...He lost every road game but won every home game...Johnny had a big advantage over csp...Johnny never lost by 30 points inside Hilton Coliseum.....

you do know that Johnny never actually had a season where they won every home game and lost every road game in conference, right?

maybe you don’t. Never mind keep making **** up.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
And we know McDermott can't coach, right?

He sure couldn't coach at ISU.

Sometimes guys can be a good coach but not a good fit. Who knows if that's the case here.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron