*** Official IOWA STATE vs Oklahoma State Game(Day) Thread ***

Clone83

Mar 25, 2006
Apparently "every" never happened, but it was a definite pattern (moreso than other programs).

Floyd was hired in part to coach defense.

In Floyd's second year (his first was with Hoiberg etc.) -- preseason -- ISU was picked to finish last in the Big 8. The Cyclones instead finished 2nd -- including Ws in games at Colorado, Nebraska, Oklahoma, and Missouri. And ISU won over Kansas, 56-55, in the finals of the conference tournament.

1996-schedule.html

I remember listening to a couple of games on the radio that year. It was more like listening to a football game where a lead of just a few points might not change much, and was a pretty solid lead.

@CyBobby originally indicated Disagree on this, I believe, but has since removed it.

For anyone attending games or following at the time, the general point stands, also why it was called Hilton Magic.

Reactions: CyBobby

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
@CyBobby originally indicated Disagree on this, I believe, but has since removed it.

For anyone attending games or following at the time, the general point stands, also why it was called Hilton Magic.

Read my post just above yours ....I was man enough to admit my mistake that I was wrong.....

• Agree
Reactions: Clone83