Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
So aj Klein and drew brees are buddies? They posted pics from Kauai hiking with their wives. Of course they didnt have clouds in their shot. I did that trail 6 months preg and it was cloudy, boo hiss. 13 miles of up and down hiking.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Iowa Public Television running John Denver docu. between begging for money instead of showing the Iowa High School Wrestling champoinships.....which has been moved to that new Iowa High School Sports network. Sign o' the Times I guess.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Update:

All five wrestlers that we had in the semis in class 2A advanced to the finals.

You'll find me camped next to the 2A championship mat Saturday night.

3 out of the 5 wrestlers won a championship. The other two wrestled quite admirably.

So long, 2020 State Wrestling Championships. My only regret...not having the chance to get a strawberry smoothie.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Verbatim text convo with my daughter this morning:

"I just signed up for track. Is that ok?"
"Sure. Are you wanting to run the 400?"
"High jump"
"High jump?"
"yeah"
"Have you ever seen the high jump before"
"no"
"This feels like something you put a lot of thought into"
"Molly and Meghan are doing it too."
"You know you have to be able to jump high right?"
"I CAN JUMP!!"
"You have the vertical of an elephant"
"Dad!"
"I'm sure you'll do great. I don't suppose Nick is taking track, is he?

"maybe"

"
200.webp
"
Love it. And I’m sure she will do great. The track coaches have been trying for three years to get my daughter to go out for HS track. Partially for throws, not sure what she would even run. She quit soccer when the field got bigger and never went out for b-ball because of the running up and down the court. So this year the coaches were working on her and she was like, “I don’t like running, I only need to run 60 feet between bases.” The coach’s reply was, well no one really LIKES running except maybe the distance runners. So she was like, “Why do people run, then?” His answer—to get places faster! :p

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Our girls were playing in a regional game last night and I was checking the score on Twitter and Varsity Bound (sports app). At the end of the their quarter we were up 59-40. I kept waiting for the final score and it come across that we lost 76-68. I was like what the heck happened in the 4th quarter that we blew a 19pt lead and the other team scored almost as many points as they did all game?! I started texting friends who were at the game and they were like, “We won.” Our AD reported the score opposite of what it ended up.

Our oldest is hoping the girls make it to state because that means the pep band would play at Wells Fargo. :)

There is a small/independent movie coming out about Iowa girls 6 on 6 basketball that they hope to premiere at the girls’ state tournament. The lead is played by one of our starters, and a lot of the other girls on the teams have parts playing basketball in the movie.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So aj Klein and drew brees are buddies? They posted pics from Kauai hiking with their wives. Of course they didnt have clouds in their shot. I did that trail 6 months preg and it was cloudy, boo hiss. 13 miles of up and down hiking.

I feel like posting this in the fat thread to inspire some of the fat guys. Okay, I won't but sorta still want to.

• Funny
Reactions: cowgirl836

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Although I wanted it to be March, I’m not ready for March. Have to figure out the details of the spring break trip to NY today. Waited too long (besides plane and hotel). Too much other stuff to get done. May have more time in my hands though, dropping the ultimatum on Friday that I want to get paid through the end of October’s work before I do anymore. I don’t care if he has financial issues, not my problem.

Daughter texted the wife if she could bring a friend over last night. Apparently a boy, all I ever got was a name. If it’s who I think, at least he can pronounce our last name because his aunt married into a different family with the same last name.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Our girls were playing in a regional game last night and I was checking the score on Twitter and Varsity Bound (sports app). At the end of the their quarter we were up 59-40. I kept waiting for the final score and it come across that we lost 76-68. I was like what the heck happened in the 4th quarter that we blew a 19pt lead and the other team scored almost as many points as they did all game?! I started texting friends who were at the game and they were like, “We won.” Our AD reported the score opposite of what it ended up.

Our oldest is hoping the girls make it to state because that means the pep band would play at Wells Fargo. :)

There is a small/independent movie coming out about Iowa girls 6 on 6 basketball that they hope to premiere at the girls’ state tournament. The lead is played by one of our starters, and a lot of the other girls on the teams have parts playing basketball in the movie.

Who gets to play Denise Long? Before KC's time in Iowa and not sure anyone else here is old enough to know who that is. Big deal in 1969 Iowa

BTW, my mom played 6 on 6 for little Strawberry Point 30 years before my HS even had ANY women's sports. Always thought that was odd.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Who gets to play Denise Long? Before KC's time in Iowa and not sure anyone else here is old enough to know who that is. Big deal in 1969 Iowa

BTW, my mom played 6 on 6 for little Strawberry Point 30 years before my HS even had ANY women's sports. Always thought that was odd.

Maybe they will have the very good 6X6 player that had the meanest name ever given to a girl, Fonda Dix. Who gets to play her?

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames

The movie takes place around 1993–last year for 6-on-6. They tried to get the uniforms/shoes to look a little authentic to the time period, but they did not do any throwback to 90’s girls hairstyles (lots of perms and big hair)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just filled the water softener. Ours seems to eat a bag and a half a week. Must be high amount of grains, but I don’t know how to set it. Thinking about buying those salt lick blocks and filling with those. Much easier to carry and more compact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron