Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Know I was falling asleep last night while watching the first half of terminal. I may need someone to explain this movie to me. I still don’t know what I’m watching.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I'm happy at my current job and not looking for a new one, but:

I got an email notification about a position with a newer Ag Biotech company that's open. To humor myself, Monday evening I applied thinking I'll never hear back from them.

Jump to today, they have emailed me wanting to set up a phone interview with their hiring manager to discuss the position, get to know me, expand on my work history, etc. (yadda yadda, the whole 9 yards)

I'm currently with a small, family owned company and have only been here a year, but after being victim to corporate downsizing 4 years ago, I'm a huge proponent of "watching out for #1".

If I'm offered this position (and their hiring package is incredibly hard to turn down), would it be a d*ck move to jump ship?

Not the **** but would def evaluate heavily to sort out how viable either company is long term. You on the seed side?

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Not the **** but would def evaluate heavily to sort out how viable either company is long term. You on the seed side?
I’m completely out of the Ag sector right now. I’ve been trying to get back in but low commodity prices and some of the bigger companies going through changes means there hasn’t been many jobs available in central Iowa.

• Informative
Reactions: cowgirl836

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
So tonight was the series finale of Criminal Minds. Gave it a watch even though I gave up after the departures of Thomas Gibson and Shermar Moore. Finale also reminded me of another thing that turned me off which was all ****ed up unsubs they came up with. One in the finale was a reoccurring one whose MO was killing people then cutting their faces off. Think it's a good thing the show is done.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

I got an email notification about a position with a newer Ag Biotech company that's open. To humor myself, Monday evening I applied thinking I'll never hear back from them.

Jump to today, they have emailed me wanting to set up a phone interview with their hiring manager to discuss the position, get to know me, expand on my work history, etc. (yadda yadda, the whole 9 yards)

I'm currently with a small, family owned company and have only been here a year, but after being victim to corporate downsizing 4 years ago, I'm a huge proponent of "watching out for #1".

If I'm offered this position (and their hiring package is incredibly hard to turn down), would it be a d*ck move to jump ship?

I guess it depends how much you like your current company/position. If the new company is something you think you'll really like and the compensation is quite a bit better I could see the move. On the other hand the small family owned company could provide a really good long term job. A good friend of mine has been in one of those situations for over 20 yrs, he and the owner work hand in hand. Good luck with whatever you decide.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Quick little trip to Simpson tonite for hoops and supper with the niece. This is her last qtr there it's been fun. I'm going to miss going down and watching a more low key but still competitive athletic event.

Reactions: jcyclonee

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Quick little trip to Simpson tonite for hoops and supper with the niece. This is her last qtr there it's been fun. I'm going to miss going down and watching a more low key but still competitive athletic event.
If you want a low key athletic event, mad Fran can always help you out. Dozens of people take him up on it every game.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis

Evaluate it carefully. The flexibility and lesser bureaucracy of a small company are big benefits but they probably won't be competitive money-wise. It's definitely not a d*ck move. You're still an employee that can leave at any time and they know that.

• Agree
Reactions: cowgirl836

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Know I was falling asleep last night while watching the first half of terminal. I may need someone to explain this movie to me. I still don’t know what I’m watching.
I had trouble sleeping last night. Maybe I'll watch terminal tonight. What's terminal?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I had trouble sleeping last night. Maybe I'll watch terminal tonight. What's terminal?

Its a really bad movie. I watched from 30 minutes in last night and had to stop when I started falling asleep again. It’s just a lot of f bombs and hit people killing themselves and is centered around a train terminal. I have about 20 minutes left and still have no idea what’s going on.

Margot Robbie is in it and that’s why I chose to watch it.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Its a really bad movie. I watched from 30 minutes in last night and had to stop when I started falling asleep again. It’s just a lot of f bombs and hit people killing themselves and is centered around a train terminal. I have about 20 minutes left and still have no idea what’s going on.

Margot Robbie is in it and that’s why I chose to watch it.

Apparently not the movie I was thinking of

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
First it was poor advice from the daughters guidance counselor, now it’s a pretend we didn’t ask something. This inbred school is going to drive me nuts.

They have a second location for a middle school, although they could save 200-300k easily by going to one, they won’t. The smaller town had several run for the board just to keep it open because they think it will save their town. It won’t. So we have misguided individuals willing to sacrifice the kids education to try to hold their dying town together. Wonderful. The superintendent is a local and he told me he won’t touch that because he doesn’t want to tick people off. About ready to run just to play with the mouth breathers.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
First it was poor advice from the daughters guidance counselor, now it’s a pretend we didn’t ask something. This inbred school is going to drive me nuts.

They have a second location for a middle school, although they could save 200-300k easily by going to one, they won’t. The smaller town had several run for the board just to keep it open because they think it will save their town. It won’t. So we have misguided individuals willing to sacrifice the kids education to try to hold their dying town together. Wonderful. The superintendent is a local and he told me he won’t touch that because he doesn’t want to tick people off. About ready to run just to play with the mouth breathers.

I think every small town/district that goes through this is convinced their situation is different and all will survive. It can tear apart families and long-time friends. But you're right about needing to face reality. I'm glad I never had to personally go through that. Two middle schools? That's a lot of facilities $ wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.