The Fran fade

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
"They'll dunk on you with an 8 point lead and 12 seconds left.

They'll get in an argument with an official after a game ends.

They'll blow kisses, pound chests, talk trash. They are the Iowa's men's basketball players of 2020, and they play with a hard, completive edge. It's the kind of thing you might hate and find punkish if you're not one of their fans."

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Listen to the podcast if you don't believe me

I did just listen, he didn't say it. He did say Joe and CJ are gonna be a great backcourt for Iowa for 3+ years. I know you always agree with Condon, so you think this as well.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I'm not sure how this thread got off the rails, but in an attempt to get it back on track. What do you think causes the Fran Fade? I personally think it's because he just screams at his players all year and wears them out. They don't want to play for him by the end of the year. That and Fran is a low major coach. Teams know how to make adjustments against him once they see what he's doing. So they usually lose the 2nd game against conference opponents. Fred has seen him enough that he just runs circles around him.
This thread is exactly as the op intended.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy$

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019

They'll blow kisses, pound chests, talk trash. They are the Iowa's men's basketball players of 2020, and they play with a hard, completive edge. It's the kind of thing you might hate and find punkish if you're not one of their fans."

I understand how this bothers you when you have to watch that soft team that Prohm trots out there all season.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

Kind of like ISU in their hay day under Fred.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
"I apologize if I offended any of their players or coaches" said Wieskamp, "because in no way did I mean that against them, I guess."

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
"I apologize if I offended any of their players or coaches" said Wieskamp, "because in no way did I mean that against them, I guess."
See who says Fran doesn’t develop players?

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I think it's weird that Fran has made a habit of pulling his team off the floor to not shake hands as a way to attempt to enforce the unwritten rules of basketball and doing things the "right way." All this while having a reputation for getting thrown out of games, being suspended, and chasing down refs after a game to call them cheaters. Keep being amazing Fran.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
I think it's weird that Fran has made a habit of pulling his team off the floor to not shake hands as a way to attempt to enforce the unwritten rules of basketball and doing things the "right way." All this while having a reputation for getting thrown out of games, being suspended, and chasing down refs after a game to call them cheaters. Keep being amazing Fran.

Keep being bitter, Clone fans.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'm not sure how this thread got off the rails, but in an attempt to get it back on track. What do you think causes the Fran Fade? I personally think it's because he just screams at his players all year and wears them out. They don't want to play for him by the end of the year. That and Fran is a low major coach. Teams know how to make adjustments against him once they see what he's doing. So they usually lose the 2nd game against conference opponents. Fred has seen him enough that he just runs circles around him.
This guy ^^^^ thinks this thread had rails!

Reactions: HawkJRP

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
Twins is obviously a Russian asset used to troll in order to divide even Iowa State fans. Damn you, Putin

• Funny
Reactions: TRYHARDER

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Who knew quoting an Eastern Iowa journalist would be so bad?

Help Support Us

Become a patron