***Official Super Bowl LIV Thread***

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Tyreek hill is a bad person. That isn't going to stop Patrick mahomes throwing him bombs, or me drafting him to my fantasy football team. It's a freaking game, people. Hopefully patty can rub off a bit on reek, get him on the right path.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

Strong Christian morals there in KC

I don't condone what Hill has done but both the Chiefs and NFL did not suspend him after investigating and no criminal charges were filed so not sure how else they could of handled that. Had they just cut him anyways he wouldn't have lasted long without a job and been someone else's starting wide receiver. Heck the Chiefs even drafted Mecole Hardman as insurance because at the time of the draft things probably did not look good for Hill's future with the Chiefs.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
The only thing people can say negative about this team is Tyreek Hill being a crappy person. That's it. Maybe Kelce being kinda douchey but I think it's funny.

Andy Reid has put in the time and he deserves this. Patrick Mahomes is an uber-talent and he deserves this. Mathieu, Chiefs o-line deserves this. The Hunt family deserves this. The Chiefs fans deserve this.

One crappy dude should not drag down the other hundreds of players/staff in KC.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I kind of feel bad for the KC legends who just missed out on the Championship. Jamaal Charles, Derrick Johnson then add the guys we moved like Justin Houston, Eric Berry or left us like Mitch Morse.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
After the Chiefs scored their final touchdown, the cameras showed that greasy Hok punk Skittles on the sidelines. I loved it. He's the most punchable face in the NFL.

And he wasn't doing the "I'm the cool, goofy, free spirit guy, who's trying too hard to be Gronk, look".

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I kind of feel bad for the KC legends who just missed out on the Championship. Jamaal Charles, Derrick Johnson then add the guys we moved like Justin Houston, Eric Berry or left us like Mitch Morse.

Dee Ford who was playing for the 49ers is another. They had to move on from those guys though because the money they cost did not live up to the performance they were getting. Adding Frank Clark and Mathieu were the right moves instead of keeping guys like that around whose best days are in the rear view mirror now.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Dee Ford who was playing for the 49ers is another. They had to move on from those guys though because the money they cost did not live up to the performance they were getting. Adding Frank Clark and Mathieu were the right moves instead of keeping guys like that around whose best days are in the rear view mirror now.
Yeah I don't feel bad about Dee Ford. He was a near major bust until he magically performed in his contract year only to blow it in the playoffs.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
CHIEEEEEEEEEEEFS! Champs!

Wild night in KC!

usatsi_13991173.jpg

D

Deleted member 8507

That was clever - run a Super Bowl clock out by throwing a Hail Mary to nowhere in particular.
Now that we have Hunter Dekkers, we can just have him chuck a ball a mile in the air and have it run out the last minute of the clock . . . .

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
With Mahomes the Chiefs are set up to win for quite awhile. Chief fans-- what position do they have the luxury of taking first in this year's draft?

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
With Mahomes the Chiefs are set up to win for quite awhile. Chief fans-- what position do they have the luxury of taking first in this year's draft?

They need more speed in the linebackers, also could use another guard/center.

What a game! Mahomes is the best even when he is having his worst game.

• Agree
Reactions: ArgentCy

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC

I'll preface this by saying I'm a Vikings fan first but also a Chiefs fan after living here for 20+ years.

I think they'll go after a linebacker, possible a safety. To me, those are their biggest areas of need. I think Spagnola wants a little more speed to work with.

After that, I think they target the best available options on defense. If a good o-lineman or running back falls to them, I wouldn't put it past them to go there with a second or third pick.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

Need to take the best CB or OL they can. Don't really see a need to take an offensive skill position player at WR or TE early unless someone just falls in their laps they can't pass on. The are going to be picking at the end of the rounds so it's not like they will be in on a big name without making a trade in the 1st round. I think the positions they can improve the most are:

CB - probably the thinnest position for depth and most in need of impact players
OL - at times have struggled to open up running lanes and protect the QB. lack of depth really showed when they were banged up in the middle of the season when Fischer was out
DL - gotta find a way to retain Chris Jones long term but need to find some ways to shore up the run defense and maybe another pass rusher on the edge
LB - part of the problem with the run defense here too. Ragland really shouldn't be starting and they probably overpaid for what Hitchens does too
RB - snatching up an under the radar RB in the draft or a low cost veteran option for some depth would be nice. At times Damian Williams has looked good but still not sure if he is an every down type back you can ride

It's hard to say they have glaring needs after just winning the SB but Chiefs fans that follow the team over the years knows the defense and OL still have some holes to fill

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Chiefs should start working on a long term contract extension for Mahomes now. He's still on his rookie contract and the price is only going to go up. Lock him in now with a long term contract so you know your cap numbers for the foreseeable future.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

Help Support Us

Become a patron