Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not necessarily humanity, just people.

giphy.gif

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I'm really on a random string today.....also wondering why our fair burg designates certain streets as snow routes, and then they won't even enforce it by towing away the idiots who leave their cars parked on the street during snowstorms.

Sorry if I sound all Andy Rooney today.

It's more of a deterrence thing than an actual intent to enforce the measure.

Signed,
Professionally parking illegally around ISU nearly every class day.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
It's more of a deterrence thing than an actual intent to enforce the measure.

Signed,
Professionally parking illegally around ISU nearly every class day.
How do you pull that off? Maybe by stopping right in the middle of the road and putting on your hazard lights? The "hide in plain sight" plan

RunninMan

Nov 18, 2013
I just ate lunch an hour early because I'm watching a pre-recorded lecture and the time on the professor's computer said it was lunch time. Now how do I make one of those shortcut thingys again?

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Not sure if this is new or just new to me. But the oldest just told me the nerds are slowing down on code red and turning to the big bottles of Lipton brisk iced tea. It seems very important and wanted to let people know.

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Does anyone besides me wonder WTF the insurance companies are actually advertising for? Most of them are simply trying to outdo each other comically, rather than attempt to educate us as to why we should use their product(s).

Silly me. Trying to attribute intelligence to advertising.

The mayhem commercials are ok, but they get too much airplay during a sporting event. And JK Simmons gets a pass from me because I like the guy. But I wanna put the Geico gecko in Cheryl's she-shed and watch it burn.

The Liberty Mutual commercials with the emu are just weird. Not funny weird either.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Not sure if this is new or just new to me. But the oldest just told me the nerds are slowing down on code red and turning to the big bottles of Lipton brisk iced tea. It seems very important and wanted to let people know.

I'm apparently way out of the loop, I didn't even know Code Red was a nerd drink...

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
How do you pull that off? Maybe by stopping right in the middle of the road and putting on your hazard lights? The "hide in plain sight" plan
I've read and heard that turning on the hazard lights actually draws attention to your vehicle, moreso than just parking and leaving.

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm apparently way out of the loop, I didn't even know Code Red was a nerd drink...
Cheetos and code red. If the nerds ever came after us (not necessarily you but definitely me), we could incapacitate them by destroying all code red and cheetos. But now seems we better add brisk iced tea to it now.

• Informative
Reactions: BuffettClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Somehow going through things, I managed to lose a roughly $12 check for mom. Seeing how I would get a third of it, I decided a rough look at my filings and any trash that I tossed was tolerable, but for that amount, I was just ticked at myself for losing it but not going to rummage through too much garbage for it.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Looking for some help from any RTT'er that's more technically savvy than I am (and that would in all likelihood be most of you!). There's a song I want to download from YouTube, but I can't figure out how to do that. (I want to dub it onto a CD.) I've looked on Amazon and some other music sharing places, but I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Looking for some help from any RTT'er that's more technically savvy than I am (and that would in all likelihood be most of you!). There's a song I want to download from YouTube, but I can't figure out how to do that. (I want to dub it onto a CD.) I've looked on Amazon and some other music sharing places, but I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas?

I can send you that jesse jaymes song from the dear abby thread if you like it that much. :)

Can you right click and save it to your hard drive and then pull it down to a cd or thumb drive?

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I can send you that jesse jaymes song from the dear abby thread if you like it that much. :)

Can you right click and save it to your hard drive and then pull it down to a cd or thumb drive?

I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

EDIT: Didn't work. "Save" was not an option when I right-clicked, just "Copy", "Copy URL", and "Debug".

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid

https://www.mediahuman.com/youtube-to-mp3-converter/

I use the above quite often.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
You do realize that just because you downloaded the Youtube version of Anaconda onto a CD, it doesn't mean that you can watch the video on your car stereo display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron