*** Official #1 Baylor Vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

sheepplucker

Sep 22, 2013
I’ve already planned my own personal riot for next year before the season starts. When the 6th year in a row someone asks prohm about the offense and he replies..” we haven’t done much with the offense I’m still dorking around with the defense”.. (I’ll let the players figure it out)

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC
Regardless of steve's line-ups, coaching, etc. its pretty amazing that:

5 returning players basically didn't improve at all: Lewis, Griffin, Solo/Jake/Conditt
4 recruits: 0-4, 2 transfered before the season even started and we're getting nothing from jackson and grill
1 transfer: nixon, not ready for b12 ball

we're a mess right now.

i know its not proper CF ettiquette to criticize players, but they're all struggling horribly

Some is on the players but it sounds like you are criticizing player development. I would add identifying leadership.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Jesus, did anyone really think we were going to win this game, not hope but think we would? This is not a good team, I am sure Prohm knows that, but just cannot say it. We do not have a strength at all, we suck at shooting the 3, Halliburton is not a scorer, he is a glue guy that makes the team go. Like they said Saturday, "how many assists would he have if we could actually shoot the ball?" The bigs are a collection of bench players and subs, not one there we can lean on to get the job done, night to night. Our recruits have not panned out to be as good as we had all hoped they would be. But they can get better, they shirly cannot get any worse.

Give Prohm one more season, if we are still in this mess, then can him, he has earned that, at least.

ISU_Clone_28

Mar 27, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
Jesus, did anyone really think we were going to win this game, not hope but think we would? This is not a good team, I am sure Prohm knows that, but just cannot say it. We do not have a strength at all, we suck at shooting the 3, Halliburton is not a scorer, he is a glue guy that makes the team go. Like they said Saturday, "how many assists would he have if we could actually shoot the ball?" The bigs are a collection of bench players and subs, not one there we can lean on to get the job done, night to night. Our recruits have not panned out to be as good as we had all hoped they would be. But they can get better, they shirly cannot get any worse.

Give Prohm one more season, if we are still in this mess, then can him, he has earned that, at least.

Considering what we will likely lose after this year with what we are bringing in for next, do you really think there will be that much improvement? I still don't see an NCAA tournament team with the roster we have next season.

Cyhops

Nov 4, 2009
Oak Island NC

He recruits well but can't put it together, not a leader of men. Everything has over the past 3 has less to this year. Reap what you sow.

cdfree

Sep 5, 2011
Evanston, IL
Nah, he was a decent recruit but certainly not one of our most touted.

It says right in his bio that he was the 8th ranked recruit in school history. Most had him **** and right around 100 nationally. For us, that’s a big deal. I’m sure he’s thanking his Lord and Savior for the opportunity to “develop” under Prohm (!)

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Considering what we will likely lose after this year with what we are bringing in for next, do you really think there will be that much improvement? I still don't see an NCAA tournament team with the roster we have next season.
I’m not sure we even beat the record of this years team. Tre will be our pg who replaces Haliburton, and Bolton will be our go to scorer. Probably will start Javan Johnson, Conditt, and Blackwell if he shows up.

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
This feels exactly like give Paul Rhoads 1 more year. Most everyone knew though we wouldn’t get any better.

Jesus, yes, this. But why give him the chance to take a bigger dive into nothingness? Another year of this and it’s going to take a big splash to get the fanbase fired back up.

Im always of the mindset of stop the bleeding as soon as possible if you see signs of it not improving

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

Look who the coach is. Oh yes they can.

• Winner
Reactions: xboxfever

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
What's the answer? Steal Hoiberg back from Nebraska? I don't know who else we'd get.